Hole in Dash Advice Please

J3NKO

Reaction score
I bought my A3 with a car kit fitted and I've had enough of looking at it so decided to take it out finding this:

A 2.5cm wide by 5cm long hole! :(

So, what do people reckon I can do with it?

I know there are dash repair professionals out there but how good will such a big hole look once repaired? I don't want to fork out hundreds to still be able to see it.

At the moment, I've covered it up with a super sticky non slip mat but its only a temporary thing.

Thanks in advance
J3NKO

First thought was dash repair but I don't know how close these repair companies can get it to original. Like I say, i don't want to pay hundreds and still see a rectangular patch up.

Whole dash replacement is a little excessive I think, I'd sooner cover it up with something clever but not sure what. I don't really want another phone holder there but have thought about it. I have Iphone 4S and most of the kits use suction and not screws so would need to spend £50 upwards for a fixed kit. I just wonder if there is something else I could use.

Bit too big a hole for a badge/sticker lol

EDIT: Yes, it's Audi kit:

What phone does it hold??

Last edited:
First thought was dash repair but I don't know how close these repair companies can get it to original. Like I say, i don't want to pay hundreds and still see a rectangular patch up.

Whole dash replacement is a little excessive I think, I'd sooner cover it up with something clever but not sure what.

EDIT: Yes, it's Audi kit:

What phone does it hold??

That's ****** stupid of Audi I think.
There is much better ways of doing it.

Can't you find a local dash repair company and ask to see their work?

New dash is but an option.

Make the hole bigger and sink in a TV or satnav. :)

No idea what phone is holds.
I think you buy adapters for different phones that then clip in to the unit you got in the pic.

i used a dash bloke in notts on my daughters a3 with the same hole
its a very very good finish

ill sort some when she calls over

Reactions: ScottD3
It does seem stupid to have OEM kit that requires that level of hacking! I did not expect that much dash to be missing lol

Yeah, maybe I just need to get some quotes and check quality of finishes.

Haha - I want RNS-E too so that's another reason I don't really need a phone on display but like your thinking.

I want RNS-E too so that's another reason I don't really need a phone on display but like your thinking.

Give me a shout when you are in the market for the rns-e as I supply/fit these :)

Reactions: Ashraf Hussain