Car boosts fine then stops boosting but turbo sound is there ? Hose coming loose ?

TDI140

Reaction score
Turned car off and on then starts working fine again but didnt get any lights in the dash, could this be a boost hose coming loose but not fully coming off ?

sounds like the actuator rod sticking due to sticking vein ring, im guessing it cuts power at 70 ish MPH?

How can i fix that ? Also power cuts out at high revs in any gear so not at 70mph
Its been working fine up until today plus its a new hybrid turbo and had been set up properly by turbo technics

check that the rod moves freely by hand, i doubt that this will be at fault if its a new turbo but worth checking. next step would be boost pressure sensor

So the map sensor ? Mines a 3bar which is standard c i guess i need a 4 bar but if it was that i wiuld get a light on the dash, also could be a boost hose right ?

Never had it fitted by them my mate fitted it cctuning and its been perfectly fine just yesterday the boost gauge was struggling to hold boost as if a leak had formed then when i stepped of accelerator it felt like the loose hose somehow got reconnected and started boosting fine again this happened 2 times, i will jack it up at 3pm roday when in home to see what it was, hopefully its a boost hoses not tightened enough onto the coupler or sitting at an angle

Heres video pf actuator moving i only just about got it on video but its clearly moving freely ao definatly not that, could my map sensor be unplugged ? Or is it called the boost pressure sensor ? Not sure but i will be going home and checking all boost hoses

2.0tdi stage 2 hybrid GT2056 actuator movement and milltek non resonated - YouTube
Hi pal, i took all intercooler hoses off and fould oil in them due to the turbo recently blowing up, so cleaned them up and cleaned o ring seals and its driving fine now, my personal explanation is that the oil lubricated the couplers and they were poping out slightly under load due to running high boost pressure, i will have to wait til all the oil has cleared out sill take a few thousand miles

Thanks mate but pricey the milltek is but it is quality and also solid pipework plus its smooth and shiny unlike some custom exhaust companies they sometimes use thin stainless steel, but milltek worth the money i think