My new A3 3DR 2008!! MY09/MY11 rear lamps upgrade!!

clubrocker

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I bought my first Audi a couple of weeks ago; an A3 2.0 FSI 3DR 2008. It was in really good condition and I'm really pleased with the car! I've been descoverying a new feature almost every day! (last one was finding out it has a subwoofer! cool!! :rock:)

So here is the thing, I had the idea to upgrade the whole car to the 2009's facelift at first, but after finding out that isn't really a cheap upgrade at all, I've changed my mind and now just want to change the tail lights!

At first I was pretty sure I liked the MY11 over the MY09's lights on my Lava Grey, but I've been thinking the MY11 may look a bit weird as they are a Little too "new" for the car (mine has the pre-styling bumpers with a stripe, not the facelifted "clear" ones). So...

Does anybody has a pre-facelifted Lava grey A3 with the tail lights upgrade?? With pics to show to help me decide between MY09 and MY11??

View attachment 15987
IMG 0713

I know this thread has been discussed before, but i couldn't find an A3 with the same rear bumper as mine and I wasnt sure if I should revive an old thread or just post a new one. :blush:

Thanks for your help! :yes:

Last edited:
They will look great, just buy them.

Thanks!! I've seen many of you already did the upgrade, does anybody has pictures to show/post? any kind of grey (dolphin, meteor, lava, etc) will work for me! Thank you!!

Hey people! I uploaded some pictures I made using photoshop of the tail lights options... which one do you like the most??

Comp1

Comp2

Comp3

I think I'm going for the MY09's.

If anybody needs help with any accesory, I can help using photoshop to "try" them out first ;)

go for the My11 look much better and makes the car look more modern

The darker ones get my vote. (not sure if those are 9's or 11's because I've got a Sportback)