JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

2.0 TDI BKD ENGINE- CUTTING OUT??? PLease Help

Hi All,

My partner has a VW EOS 2.0 TDI 140 BHP (BKD ENGINE) 2006 before you say I know get an Audi like I did lol

She was driving today to work when all a sudden the car just cut out while driving the ignition is still on, there are no signs of it looking like a electrical issue but when the accelerator is done even flat down there is nothing? I can only refer to it as a power cut. She was obviously worried but all of the sudden it accelerated again and seemed fine?

She drove it back from work earlier and it was fine but the engine management light came on? obviously I checked it out as soon as I got back and it did the same to me? You can drive normally turbo pulls as it should etc but all of the sudden a power cut even when your foot is slammed down to the ground nothing??? Change gear and it comes alive again? but not like a jump start?

I know it needs to be plugged in to a VAGCOM but unfortunately my brother has mine is away over the Bank Holidays (Typical).

I don't really want to go and pay an Indie when I can do it myself but as it is baffling I just wanted to know if there are any suggestions?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Enthusiast

Status
    Check VCDS users map thread maybe there is someone near you willing to help.
    VCDS USER

2nd Gear

Status
    Had the same issue to mine the car would suddenly cut off while i was driving, you need to reset your better remove both lead - and + and hold it together for 60secs and that will reset since I've done that no issues since
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hold Together???

The positive and negative wire???

Are you sure?

Sportback owner

Status
    Yes, if you first disconnect the cables away from the battery, and then touch them (the cables) together, you will discharge any residual current remaining in the electrical system. That should cause the system to reset itself when you next reconnect the cables to the battery. Good luck.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.