AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

What else could go wrong.....

Well, it's now been confirmed that my 2.0 TDI needs a flywheel, starter motor and the head gasket is also gone. Whoop de doo!!

Since owning the car from August 2012 the car has had a new inlet manifold flap, 4 spark plugs, a new turbo and a new radiator, now a flywheel, which seems to of taken starter motor too as it does struggle to start and I am losing coolant so suspect head gasket.

Think I'll be selling the car once it's running healthy again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads_AudiA3 View Post
    4 spark plugs.
    Think you mean glow plugs fella

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Think you mean glow plugs fella
    haha I do indeed!! 14 hours at work is starting to take it's toll, likely to be here another 10 too. Think of the money... think of the money....

Enthusiast

Status
    Long list of repairs. You sure you want to sell the car after spending all that money on it?

Btw, dual mass flywheel is usually replaced along with the clutch in case the latter develops problem soon/has been under more stress from knackered DMF.

I'd keep after all those expenses.
    VCDS USER

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SAiLO View Post
    Long list of repairs. You sure you want to sell the car after spending all that money on it?

Btw, dual mass flywheel is usually replaced along with the clutch in case the latter develops problem soon/has been under more stress from knackered DMF.

I'd keep after all those expenses.
    So far I've only paid out £170 for the turbo, dealer paid for all bar the radiator and the warranty company paid for that. I'm just fed up of putting the car in the garage all the time :-(

Enthusiast

Status
    Once it's fixed with all the new parts you should be able to start enjoying it.
    VCDS USER

5th Gear

Status
    Why sell it after spending a shed load of cash on it specially when it will be running perfectly after all the work
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2nd Gear

Status
    You know when the car just keeps breaking, I'm wondering what else will go wrong next....

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    You know when the car just keeps breaking, I'm wondering what else will go wrong next....

no much ill tell you not to sell after all the spending you did... if they are doing your clutch might t as well ask them to check the drive shafts and wheel bearing just to be safe while they are at it .. at least you'll have the peace of mind

5th Gear

Status
    Also if head gasket was issue you would have a white substance in the oil filler cap, i lose coolant slighlty on mine and foubd out its tiny hole in radiator and patched it up and its ok now, no matter what car you buy there will always be maintenance work needed
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    Can't understand why you'd want to sell now - a lot of big bill items are done,paid for by garage or warranty. If you chopit in someone will get a car potentially free of issues for 50k miles, and you could buy another one with similar things needing attention int he first year.

1st Gear

Status
    Totally understand where your coming from fella I've changed the flap glow plugs turbo and a cam belt on mine......

You begin not to trust the car too.... I didn't anyway I've had mine relatively trouble free for around 3 months and I still don't feel like I can trust it 100% of the time!!

I thought audis where trouble free lol :/

2nd Gear

Status
    I can understand what everyone is saying about having the car now repaired why sell it, but in this post more issues have been mentioned that could go wrong. Whilst all this work has been mostly paid for it still inconveniences me and it wasn't easy, took me a month to get my turbo paid for, and it costs me to get around whilst the car is having work done.

as Jack said, I don't trust the car, I do a lot of driving and often far away from home, got a 400 mile trip coming up and I really want to trust the car.

tdi140, there's no mayo in the oil yet but a strong loss of coolant and exhaust gases in the coolant tank points head gasket, I've had it checked and that's what's gone. Mayo isn't always present straight away. My only other though would be heater matrix as I can smell coolant when I blow the heaters. Don't want to deal with that thanks :-(

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    My only other though would be heater matrix as I can smell coolant when I blow the heaters.(
    Just lift the front bits of carpet & check for wetness, doesn't take to long, also heater matrix isn't to bad to do, as long as its not the piping that's the issue, which is doubtful.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Just lift the front bits of carpet & check for wetness, doesn't take to long, also heater matrix isn't to bad to do, as long as its not the piping that's the issue, which is doubtful.
    Thanks NHN, I'll have a check once I'm out of work (again), hopefully this overtime helps pay for the flywheel, it's booked in for Wednesday. Is the matrix accesable without taking half the dash out? It was a job and a half in my old MK3 Golf

Edit : Found a guide for heater matrix replacement

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4D5...rive_web&pli=1
    Last edited by Ads_AudiA3; 25th May 2013 at 19:47.