Lack of Boost

mdre83

Reaction score
Peeps,

Slight problem, been having DPF "issues". Because I'm only doing short journeys through the week I was having to take it for a blast to clear the DPF every week.
About 3 weeks ago I added DPF cleaner to the fuel tank. Light hasn't re-appeared since however, I now seem to be lacking boost in the low ranges. DPF light still not on dash and turbo is kicking in but much later than what it used too.
You can feel it want to pull but there's nothing there until higher revs.
Surely if it was the DPF causing this the dash light would appear and or the car would go into limp mode.

Anyone any ideas what this could be?

Cheers,
Martin

I would force regen a few times with vcds & then see how it goes.

ok I'm not convinced the DPF is the issue. I've been on some long journeys lately so I guess all the crap should be burnt off.
I can feel the power waiting to kick in, but nothing. Any ideas what else it could be?

An engine clean up in needed due to the dip stick not being replaced correctly after a previous service. Maybe something is clogged, a valve not opening/closing correctly somewhere?

DPF and EGR valve cleaner ran through but still, the lack of boost is still there... anyone got any ideas?