High output TDi

cejsmith

Reaction score
Hi

Is there any news on the high output tdi yet?

It seems strange they are taking so much time to get it out!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wait, Revo/AMD + + today....

No news for the 170 TDI A3, only that it's going in the passat and the new golf GT soon.

Personally i wouldn't hold it for it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wait, Revo/AMD + + today....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing,but wouldn't a current A3+remap cost more to insure than a standard 170bhp A3 ??

[ QUOTE ]
Anything modified is bad news as a rule...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why you got your car remapped then?

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means from an insurance point of view marctwo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fare enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means from an insurance point of view marctwo.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does Marctwo - thanks Bowfer (and forgiving the bike to work jibe!).

Would the difference between the 140 and the 170 only be the mappings or are there some mechanical differences between these engines? If it's mechanical, think of the kind of potential for a remapped 170!

[ QUOTE ]
Would the difference between the 140 and the 170 only be the mappings or are there some mechanical differences between these engines? If it's mechanical, think of the kind of potential for a remapped 170!

[/ QUOTE ]

Piezo injectors (as per some other Audi motors) and common rail to replace the current unit injectors. Ultimately needed to meet future emmision regs + should be much quieter as its capable of pre/post injection. Some doubts about injector longevity though!

my insurance was unaffected from a premium aspect, just a larger excess.. a 170 'standard' motor I would have though is likely to attract a higher premium, but excess remain as normal..

swings and roundabouts then, likely

[ QUOTE ]

Piezo injectors (as per some other Audi motors) and common rail to replace the current unit injectors. Ultimately needed to meet future emmision regs + should be much quieter as its capable of pre/post injection. Some doubts about injector longevity though!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really interesting news - a quieter diesel would be excellent. I'm no tech head but I think BMW use a similar system and I must admit my previous car (320D) was much much quieter than the Audi (but less pokey).

I understand the 170bhp diesel engine will be in a Golf semi-GTi in Spring next year - production starts December..