AUDI SYMPHONY HELP

lewis1

Reaction score
Hi my dad has just bought a 53 plate A3, and the CD player is not working it does not recognise a CD load or eject buttons and cannot eject or put a CD in. There are no error messages but just not working. The radio and tape work fine, and its hooked up to Bose system if helps. Looked on-line but most problems have error messages. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem or any checks I can do?

Cheers, Lewis

Can't help with the fault - but would've thought a second hand unit wouldn't break the bank.

Are you pressing the load button then waiting for it to say 'load' before trying to put one in?

As above, what happens when you press load? Anything?

Are there any CDs inside already do you know? Is it a multi loader or single disc model?

I suggest with ignition off, insert key and switch on ignition whilst keeping the eject button held down for up to 30 secs to see if you hear the mechanism trying to do anything...

Alternatively grab a replacement from classifieds on here or check eBay. Damn good opportunity to upgrade to an aftermarket or RNSE unit. Just do your research first though as for a 53 you'll likely need quad lock adapter and aerial adapter to fit newer Audi units.

I think the 1st symphony was single load and sounds like its ducked mate so...as above really ;-)