Audi A3 Sportsback 1.6TDI DPF light

ramagates

Reaction score
I bought a A3 1.6 TDI (59plate) couple of weeks ago. when the car comes it came with 1/2 tank diesel. when i fill it for the first time i notice something on my dashboard. the DPF filter light comes ON when I put my keys in and it goes OFF when the engine starts.
also some times i do here a beep sound when I start (not always), no warning lights stays once the engine starts

any ideas

I bought a A3 1.6 TDI (59plate) couple of weeks ago. when the car comes it came with 1/2 tank diesel. when i fill it for the first time i notice something on my dashboard. the DPF filter light comes ON when I put my keys in and it goes OFF when the engine starts.
also some times i do here a beep sound when I start (not always), no warning lights stays once the engine starts

any ideas

DPF light behaviour is correct - on with ignition, off when engine running (unless there is a fault when it will flash or illumnate permanently with the engine running)

Beep could be the handsfree bluetooth phone kit - do you have one fitted ?

i dodnt have a bluetooth, the dealer told i dodnt have one, its just a basic audio player.

My 59 plate 1.9tdi did the same beep sometimes - never worked it out and car has now gone - there was a school of thought that it might have been low battery related but never confirmed.

If its like mine there was never any error codes logged so dealer could do nothing. That said, apart from the beep annoying me every so often, there was never any issues with the car.

Mine does the same beep from time to time, the cars been scanned with VCDS quite recently and nothing has shown up so i'm not worried about it.

Well i stand corrected -on my mk6 golf the dpf light came on with the ignition but on my 8p3 the dpf light doesn't come on at all.

You are maybe thinking of the engine light - this will illuminate with ignition on and if there are no faults, it will go off when the car is started.

The DPF light is shown in my picture below and the affect it has on mpg during a regen :(

bf835128.jpg