8P3 Diffuser Change

A3Kent

Reaction score
Quick question - Are you able to put an 8P3 (mid 2008 onwards) S-Line rear diffusor like this one...

mw8AhRX2yZq9Ls3mdkIuO-A.jpg

Onto an 8P3 Sport like this one... (same age just going from Sport to S-Line)

VehicleImage

Not without modifications, the facelift ones are cut out & have locating areas to fit, prefacelift does not, the lower section is 1 piece, so you'd have to cut it out & bond it in place.

Not without modifications, the facelift ones are cut out & have locating areas to fit, prefacelift does not, the lower section is 1 piece, so you'd have to cut it out & bond it in place.

But I was under the impression they were both facelift (8P3) cars?

So it's a whole bumper change? I am surprised.

Sorry I couldnt distinguish as pic is not that clear, looked like an older style sport bumper to me at 1st glance.

Sorry I couldnt distinguish as pic is not that clear, looked like an older style sport bumper to me at 1st glance.

Ah ok, so it will fit?:shrug:

If etka is to be believed, show same bumper for sports & sline, so insert should be possible, only one way to know 100%

Pretty Sure you can just remove the diffuser section and replace it with a Sline one as i have seen a fair few on eBay that are compatible with all 2009-2012 A3's and you can also see bumpers that are for sale that have the diffuser removed so it should be a simple swap.

Appreciate your answers chaps. Thank you :icon_thumright: