S3 clutch and remap recommendations? Plus fitting

DAZ1985

Reaction score
I know it may have been covered many times before and excuse me if it has, but I'm after recommendations on an uprated clutch and a remap for the s3

Are these dmf standard, uprated pressure plate and clutch plate be enough?

Its only done 17k on a 59 plate and has started to slip in the high gears at full chat

Don't mind having a heavier clutch pedal as long as its not anything like a paddle clutch, best for the buck as it needs replacing anyway and ideally need a place quite central to stoke on Trent area. Any recommendations? No cowboys, don't mind paying for good service, knowing the cars in the right hands

as far as maps go not just after the figures hype, it's got drive nice, deliver linear power and everything else is standard, no other mods in the pipe line. Willing to travel for a remap but not as far as Essex for AMD. APR remap at awesome gti? Any reviews feedback?

Thanks in advance

I know it may have been covered many times before and excuse me if it has, but I'm after recommendations on an uprated clutch and a remap for the s3

Are these dmf standard, uprated pressure plate and clutch plate be enough?

Its only done 17k on a 59 plate and has started to slip in the high gears at full chat

Don't mind having a heavier clutch pedal as long as its not anything like a paddle clutch, best for the buck as it needs replacing anyway and ideally need a place quite central to stoke on Trent area. Any recommendations? No cowboys, don't mind paying for good service, knowing the cars in the right hands

as far as maps go not just after the figures hype, it's got drive nice, deliver linear power and everything else is standard, no other mods in the pipe line. Willing to travel for a remap but not as far as Essex for AMD. APR remap at awesome gti? Any reviews feedback?

Thanks in advance

If you're not going to the lengths I've gone to,either the Sachs organic,or Loba clutches would be fine.

The Sachs will work with a DMF,and the LOba is a SMF setup,and both will allow you to go to Stg2+ or a bit more with no problems,but the Sachs should be bedded in rather than flogged from new.

From the mapping viewpoint,you have several to choose from,with Revo,APR,and Shark being the current most popular choices.

A few people make the point that some maps are "aggressive",but that comes down to the settings on the software,and I personally don't think there is much to choose in terms of power,torque and delivery,once it's been set up to your requirements.

Try as many as you can,select a good reputable tuner locally,and go with that.

I have an APR map from Awesome and personally I like the map, not over agressive but very responsive when you want it to be.

I've managed about 7k miles on the standard clutch at 300bhp, and my clutch has slipped ever so slightly.

As S3Alex said above the clutch options are available, as well as the Spec clutch but its a very hard decision to decide which way to go in my opinion.

I have an APR map from Awesome and personally I like the map, not over agressive but very responsive when you want it to be.

I've managed about 7k miles on the standard clutch at 300bhp, and my clutch has slipped ever so slightly.

As S3Alex said above the clutch options are available, as well as the Spec clutch but its a very hard decision to decide which way to go in my opinion.

I've got a Spec Stg3+ clutch on mine,and whilst it suits me perfectly well,I'm not sure I'd recommend something like that for most cars,as it's pitched squarely at very high torque applications,and that may not be what most would want on a road car.

They do make other clutches which may be more suitable,such as the Stg1 and 2.

My mates done a few s3's hes in burton upon trent in staffordshire guy called chris his company is called CCTUNING hes done all the performance work on my car and has rolling road, with exhaust you can get about 320bhp on the s3's ive witnessed that being achieved thats alot of power in a hatchback

My mates done a few s3's hes in burton upon trent in staffordshire guy called chris his company is called CCTUNING hes done all the performance work on my car and has rolling road, with exhaust you can get about 320bhp on the s3's ive witnessed that being achieved thats alot of power in a hatchback

Just makes a huge difference to the car,makes it more driveable,quicker,and better all around.

I've always thought it should have been at that sort of level to begin with,but it would have overlapped models further up the range then.

Mapped s3 compared to focus st's and vauxhals vxr the comfort and feel of the car is way better but tbh i do like the gti edition 30 golfs as well, but i deffo recommend getting it remapped

Mapped s3 compared to focus st's and vauxhals vxr the comfort and feel of the car is way better but tbh i do like the gti edition 30 golfs as well, but i deffo recommend getting it remapped

I agree.

The comfort and finish is better but it needs the extra power to lift it above the competition.

The ED30 though is an excellent car.

Some great replies their thanks for that. Most helpful and given me a few places to start looking and pricing up