Tyre shop damaging car!!!

Patrick_c99

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals

I was under my car yesterday and I noticed my passenger side support beam had been crumpled up, right were the marker arrow is. I no for a fact 6 months ago it wasn't there and the only garage its been in was to have new tyres. At which they did outside there workshop using trolley jacks.

Basically I was just wondering if this is repairable or if this has basically written my car off? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369171890020751

I can't see why it would write your car off,unless there is either structural damage underneath which cannot be fixed,or the area has crumpled due to corrosion.

How old is the car,and have you had anyone who knows what to look for take a look at it?

It's a 2005 sportback. I was just saying about writing it of because I had a HUD hit the side of my car a few months ago and my insurance company said if there's any damage to the beam they'll write it off.

Is that not just the sill that's used to jack up from?

Just thought I'd update. I just had a call from the regional manager. And arranged for him to view my car. Turns out he lives about a 30 second walk from my house 😃 might no the guy lol.

Nope the deal is about an inch yogurt her in. Il get a better pic in a minute while I'm fixing the boost leak.

Reactions: Stormtec and MTRL
Every time I take my car in for new tyres they jack the sill and crumple it.

When I had my Lexus I use to take a wheel in get the tyre changed and put the wheel back on myself at home as I have seen the damage done in the hands of someone who is clueless,

I bought my car from a main dealer with similar damage already in place! it's not serious unless it starts to rust.

in the meantime I suggest you not return your car to the imbeciles that caused it, find a garage that knows how to jack a car up and cares about your pride & joy! Never leave your car with someone who you have to stand over whilst they work on it.

out of curiosity, where is the best place to jack an 8P? I crumpled my own 8L a few years ago as jacked it up where indicated but eventually the sill bent. Not had a reason to jack up the S3 8P yet.

The hard point is inboard of the sill join, below the arrow. They must have had the cup of the jack half over the join.

It's where they use the new style lifts to raise the cars.....

I'm sure your worrying about nothing looking at that picture.

I'm just more annoyed that they've done it. I expected kwikfit fit to no how to lift a car. Obviously not. I've got to get it repaired as it has damaged to under seal and starting to rust 😟

I'm just more annoyed that they've done it. I expected kwikfit fit to no how to lift a car. Obviously not. I've got to get it repaired as it has damaged to under seal and starting to rust ������

I wouldn't expect Kwik-Fit to be experts.

Just thought I'd update. I had the kwikfit area manager on the phone on Friday and they have admitted liability and asked me to get some quotes from Various garages for the repairs :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Artimus and wuta3
If I were you go to two different Audi franchises for the quotes, to be sure of a decent repair. ;)

If I were you go to two different Audi franchises for the quotes, to be sure of a decent repair. ;)

Being audi is no guarantee of a good repair :p

I did this to my sill like a complete idiot. It's easily done, one slight slip near that jacking point and smush ... they are like waffle strength.

Reactions: Artimus
I say an Audi repair because they'll spare no expense! they're not paying for it! I would expect they'll replace and re-seal the entire sill just to get the costs up ...if there are any other bodywork issues need looking at, you can get it done at the same time for a huge discount, because they'll be painting anyway. ;)

I say an Audi repair because they'll spare no expense! they're not paying for it! I would expect they'll replace and re-seal the entire sill just to get the costs up ...if there are any other bodywork issues need looking at, you can get it done at the same time for a huge discount, because they'll be painting anyway. ;)

Not sure the sill can be replaced, only pulled back in to shape and re-sealed.