Replace/repair door frame seal?

nickjw2000

Reaction score
Hi all

I've noticed the outer door frame seal is coming away from the front driver's door on my A3 8P.

I've searched the forum but can only seem to find problems with leaky inner door seals. My problem is with seal on the outside that goes around the top half of the door frame.

It looks like a simple fix, maybe just needs pulled of and realigned with the door frame, but I wanted to check and see if anyone has any experience of this??

I've uploaded a (pretty poor) photo of what I'm talking about...the rubber is coming away from the top corner.

Give me a shout if you have any advice.

Seal
Much appreciated

Upload a better closer pic then we can advise if normal, ours does a little, as it has an internal seal anyway its not to much trouble, depending how bad yours is.

Cool. I'll get a better pic uploaded tomorrow, just used that one to show what area of the seal I'm talking about. It seems fine water/wind wise, but it doesn't look right as it's not flush with the body.

Cheers

My doors make wind noise when I'm on the motorway a mate of mine who works in a body shop said they'd prolly be expensive so I knocked it in the head lol

So I took the car to a bodyshop for some advice and the guy sorted it for me. The rubber seal has a metal frame running through it so it was just a case of pulling it off the frame a bit and remoulding it. It snapped back fairly easily. It's not quite perfect, but it's pretty close.
I noticed there was actually some wind noise at motorway speed, haven't had a chance to check if that's sorted, but fingers crossed.

So I took the car to a bodyshop for some advice and the guy sorted it for me. The rubber seal has a metal frame running through it so it was just a case of pulling it off the frame a bit and remoulding it. It snapped back fairly easily. It's not quite perfect, but it's pretty close.
I noticed there was actually some wind noise at motorway speed, haven't had a chance to check if that's sorted, but fingers crossed.

Ill maybe have a go at mine too then :)

Isn't this caused by the door dropping due to stress on the hinges? It's a 3 door right? ...mine has done the same, i might ask Audi how much they will charge to rectify the problem.