Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

HELP NEEDED - STRANGE PROBLEM. Alternator whine feedback from speakers from standard

Help and advise needed as its really annoying.
    Car is a 2010 Sportback Black Edition with Bose

Have only had a little over a month.

Retrofitted RNS-E - No Problems
    Followed by Bluetooth - No Problems.

Over the weekend installed stealth sub and amp from AndyMac.

Sounds Awesome but had alternator whine and rear left speaker didnt work. Perhaps rear left channel faulty. Went to breakers and tried exactly the same amp. Now both rear speakers dont work. I tried my original amp in another A3 and all the outputs are fine.

Now I disconnected the new sub and amp. All speakers work fine now however I still have whine which wasnt there before the install. Its especially bad when I accelerate, use the brake pedal and when I use the indicators.

Any ideas from anyone? Will be going to a mates and plugging VCDS to see if it brings up any errors.

p.s The bose wiring was spliced into to get the feed for the new amp. Remote and RCA. The power wire is still in the car but disconnected as well as the earth wire.

HELP NEEDED!
    Audi B7 Tdi Avant and B7 Cab

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sportback owner

Status
    This happens most often when there is a missing or disconnected ground (earth) wire. Usually in the input pins of an amplifier. Pay strict attention to make sure all earth connections are in place, particularly when they are grounding shielded cables. With this kind of problem, more ground connections the better, although you may have to play with them a bit to kill the whine. Also, keep the RCA (phono connector) cables well away from the power cables, don't tie them together in a wiring loom. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldy212 View Post
    This happens most often when there is a missing or disconnected ground (earth) wire. Usually in the input pins of an amplifier. Pay strict attention to make sure all earth connections are in place, particularly when they are grounding shielded cables. With this kind of problem, more ground connections the better, although you may have to play with them a bit to kill the whine. Also, keep the RCA (phono connector) cables well away from the power cables, don't tie them together in a wiring loom. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Will check the wires going into the Bose amp. I remember when I wiggled the connector there was feedback from the speakers. Cant see there be a missing earth wire as none of it has been tampered with.

I do now have the VCDS report which I will upload tomorrow.
    Audi B7 Tdi Avant and B7 Cab

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Mate ...Somebody else had the same issue on this forum I suggested this item:

PRO DJ GOLD RCA PHONO GROUND LOOP ISOLATOR TO PREVENT UNWANTED HUM OR NOISE | eBay

And it fixed that annoying noise.

I also had this issue and was solved with the item above.