Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonathaan

Thread: 8P pre-2006 S-Line front bumper splitter pics please.

2nd Gear

Status

8P pre-2006 S-Line front bumper splitter pics please.

Hi, I have a car with the above bumper and would like to fit a spoiler/splitter. I have seen the Cupra R one fitted and quite like them but a bit concerned they may detach a bit too easily so Votex style may be better. I know there are mixed feelings about them and originals are like hens teeth but I almost bought a car with the whole kit, so I do like the front spoiler, don't like the rear so much and don't think any combination of front and side skirts would work, so it's front or nothing. There is a Votex lookalike on E.Bay someone on here was going to fit a while back and said quality was really good but lost the thread so never saw the finished article. Anyone got any pics of cars with either or I have heard some have both, Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    The Cupra splitter doesnt come off easily if you attach it properly... i had mine on for around 2 years without it coming off. screw and glue it on to hold it in place
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Diesel Power!

Status
    I bought one of these and have had it painted, not got around to sticking it on yet - however the other day i taped it on to get a feel of what it would look like.

I shall upload the pictures when i get home from work if you want

Diesel Power!

Status

5th Gear

Status
    image.jpg
    Nice bit of scraping there lol !
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes please more pics, my bumper is like Johnathan's above and the spoiler he has is like the one I was thinking of, Is that Votex or where dod you get it from?
    TDI140s car is like my Wife's, the newer S-Line bumper, seems to lend it's self better to the Cupra-R splitter, I think? Like the grill too.
    Ash187, what do you glue it with, domething like Tiger seal?/sikaflex?

5th Gear

Status
    Dont need glie just self tapping screws and its pretty solid
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Yh I used black sikaflex, after using the screws I could see some gaps between the spitter and the bumper and it bugged me to I filled the holes up with the sikaflex by using a small long bead running across the bumper
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Diesel Power!

Status
    Yep Votex front spoiler which can be bought from: Audi A3 Front Bumper Spoiler from 2005 NKTuning | eBay

Alot of people nock mouldings as people have bad fits due to bad moulds and inccorect sizes. I have had two items from this eBay seller and both items were decent fitment - slight "Bowing" on the spoiler and had to tape down untill the silicone had set, but i am pleased with the final look.

is like the one I was thinking of, Is that Votex or where dod you get it from?
    TDI140s car is like my Wife's, the newer S-Line bumper, seems to lend it's self better to the Cupra-R splitter, I think? Like the grill too.
    Ash187, what do you glue it with, domething like Tiger seal?/sikaflex?[/QUOTE]

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Jonathan, that's the one I was looking at before, just need to sell all my EBay stuff now to get the cash, cheers!