EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Is this what to really expect? S3

Hi I'm new to this forum as im currently looking for an 07-08 s3,

i went to view an 08 s3 at an audi dealership today, it had 33k on the clock and from the pictures looked pretty nice. When I got there i had a quick look around and found quite a few little problems, the front end was quite badly stone chipped, some of which had gone rusty and a few little dings all around the car, also the wheels had just had a refurb as the salesman explained. Now I'm not stupid I know this car is 5 years old and the odd ding is completely acceptable and you would expect to find that, but it was priced at £18,990.

My question is. Should this be what I should expect to pay for a car of this year? And would you expect it to be on the rough side for that price? Requiring repair which the salesman said would be done. For that sort of price I would expect to find a well maintained example with a few minor imperfections.

any help would be appreciated as I don't want to be expecting too much.

2. # ADS
    ADS

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status
    Asking far too much, it should be more like 16k with that mileage. I bought my 09 S3 on 68k with a good spec for 16k two months ago.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Probably because it was a main dealer. I wasn't really going to buy the car just wanted to go and have a close up look and a good look inside etc. but the price and condition put me off slightly. Overall I fell in love with the s3 as a car and will definately be getting one but hopefully it'll be cheaper and be in better condition than this one.

are there any problems I should look for?

2nd Gear

Status
    I bought my 57 S3 with bi-xenons, RNS-E, Bluetooth, dual zone CC, heated leather on 32k miles last month for £16400 from Audi approved used.
    They also gave me £500 more than my car was worth.

My car has a couple dings but I never noticed Till I got home and gave it a good clean.

5th Gear

Status
    Way over priced
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    Way over priced mate

4th Gear

Status
    If your're spending that sort money I'll sell you mine :-)
    Ibis white 8P3, 3dr, 27k, FASH, RNS-E, cruise, parking sensors, unmarked, always garaged, 2nd car, bla bla bla.

In fact you'll still have a good bit of change!
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

5th Gear

Status
    Walk away...

1st Gear

Status
    It might mean travelling but there are far better value cars in the Audi network..

07/08 cars are typicaly from £15k for basic spec up to £17k with good spec and low miles.

There are even 58 and 09 plate cars around for the same £18k as the one you looked at.

4th Gear

Status
    I'd say £17k was top dollar for a minted 8P2. And by the sounds of things, the one you've been looking at aint mint.
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

5th Gear

Status
    Run in guns blazing and demand price drop of 2k
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    why not buy private? It will be a lot cheaper than that! and with the saving you could rectify any faults that you didn't know about
    Audi S3 : revo stage 2+

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Its yellow, so its going to be harder to sell for them, so you should be able to knock them down quite a bit.
    assuming its this car your looking at : Vehicle View - Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS - Exeter

Very over priced this is a similar one.....

Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS 3dr with BOSE 2008

or even this

Audi S3 2.0 TFSi Quattro RARE COLOUR 3dr 12 MONTH WARRANTY INCLUDED 2009
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

1st Gear

Status
    You can see in the bigger pictures how scruffy the Imola one is, I can't believe they've put those photos on showing it in that condition. Just shows how much Audi Approved is worth.

And also bear in mind that spec influences price a lot, those are all pretty bog standard cars.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah those aren't very good pics of the interior! Needs a good clean and detail.

So over standard spec it has, black styling pack, privacy glass, light and rain sensors, Bose, Ipod dock (the crappy old one I used to have), phone prep and armrest, MFFBSW and rear parking sensors.... So it's not poverty spec. But it needs, RNSE, buckets, cruise, MY11 lights and a damn good clean.
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replys guys. I would touch that yellow one, only wanted a look to see if its the sort of thing I like and it ticked every box as a general car, loved the build quality and the little touches. I'd be looking to buy private and would be looking to spend between 14 and 15k. Would ideally like either blue or white. Am I asking too much for the money? Not bothered about massive specs just a nice clean example and any extras are a bonus. What do you think?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had similar experience with an audi approved dealer - they are franchised, so they're not all bad....I looked at an S3 advertised with an audi approved dealer as having 35K on the clock, when we got there it had 63K! And it stunk of cigarettes (I mean stunk) and had been caned. Needless to say didn't buy it.....they rang me back a few days later to drop the price by 3K!

Stop me

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blackheaddog View Post
    Had similar experience with an audi approved dealer - they are franchised, so they're not all bad....I looked at an S3 advertised with an audi approved dealer as having 35K on the clock, when we got there it had 63K! And it stunk of cigarettes (I mean stunk) and had been caned. Needless to say didn't buy it.....they rang me back a few days later to drop the price by 3K!
    Who in their right mind advertises a car without valeting it?

Private is a different matter obviously.
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors