BNS 5.0 question

Wilky5

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I have the BNS 5.0 in my 2007 S Line, I don't really like it, it's quite faffy to use. I would love the RNSe but don't want the unwanted attention that they attract. My question is, could I remove it and fit the standard concert or symphony instead? If so, would I lose my Bluetooth function?

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I have the BNS 5.0 in my 2007 S Line, I don't really like it, it's quite faffy to use. I would love the RNSe but don't want the unwanted attention that they attract. My question is, could I remove it and fit the standard concert or symphony instead? If so, would I lose my Bluetooth function?

Should work fine, does your car have bose? Might need some rewiring for that though. Maybe even need to take the gps antena out the quad lock? but the bluetooth should still work, probably jsut need Vagcom to get it up and working?

I had the bns 5.0 in my s3 ,swapped it over for a mk1 rnse ,then i saw the mk2 so had to have that lol you will still be able to use bluetooth if you get a concert stereo ...

Thank you both. Think I'll do it, would love an RNSe but can't merit it really. I don't have Bose, but I don't want to lose the steering controls or Bluetooth. Will it definitely need VAGCOM, not just plug and play?

The concert was plug and play ,cant remember if the rnse was the same as my mate sorted it ,should not lose steering wheel controls .....;)

You'll need to recode the BT module and Radio (and also disable the Navigaton in the CAN gateway) to suit the equipment in the car.

That is of course your BT is genuine Audi.