Whats your mpg bkd owners??

Ade6

Reaction score
Just set my fuel consumption idle l/h to 0.6l/h from 0.4l/h. The car ran fine but smoked abit on a cold start. (diesel smoke) took it for a spin and it seems the mpg is not quite as good! In group 15 fuel consumption whats your car set at? Ive heard it should be 0.6l/h when hot!? Sound rite??

much of that makes no sense to me, purely because I didn't know you could adjust the l/h for idling lol, BUT I'll say this, I'm getting an average per tank of around 54mpg

I'm getting 54mpg to the tank too. 1.9 tdi mapped. I get 65mpg+ on a trip if there's a decent run in it of a speed of about 60mph.

I was averging 35mpg urban when the idle was set to 0.6l/h and 38-40mpg when set to 0.4l/h so you can imagine what its set at!

45mpg day in, day out. All urban and extremely hilly moor roads. :icon_thumright:

Forgot to say it's a dsg!

Last edited:
Motorway i get 48mpg - 50.5mpg, round town about 35mpg - 39mpg including hilly areas changing gear constantly etc etc

about 40mpg, which isn't too bad as its mainly city driving.

500 miles to a tank with mixed driving.

I get 410miles per tank, is that low? mixed urban and motorway i hear people get 550 per tank and i am starting to wonder now

Ive never got more than 440miles even when it was completely standard lol

I'm not sure on my true mpg, but my dis says 66mpg when I'm driving to Coventry and back. And with over half a tank left after doing around 250 mile