New to Audi - A3 2.0 TDI Sport

Riichard

Reaction score
Hi folks!

New job and always wanted an Audi so took the plunge and picked myself up a 10 plate 2.0 TDI Sport in Mauritius Blue (I think) and stop-start.

Download

I pick her up next Monday (the longest 9 days of my life).
Plans are S-Line related, so rear spoiler, valance and alloys - I'll be happy with that!

No doubt I'll be on here asking stupid questions a fair amount, but hello anyway!

Reactions: Sandra
Hello Richard, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely looking car, really nice colour. I hope you enjoy driving it. You will find us all very friendly and helpful. Enjoy the forum :) x

Welcome Richard.

If any technology mods take your liking, give me a shout as I do most of them for this chassis :)

Thanks guys!

NFN - I'll need to find what the Audi does currently first! (Coming from a corsa where the only half decent thing equipped was cruise control)

Then I can perhaps look at what would be added in with VCDS.

Nice looking car, same colour as mine :D I can definitely relate to the longest days comment ;)

Nice looking car, same colour as mine :D I can definitely relate to the longest days comment ;)

Too right, it's absolutely horrible. 6 days to go and I'm just constantly either on these forums or looking for parts to go on the car to get her looking how I want!

Reactions: y2kcurran
Lovely colour mate, works really well with black bits such as grill, wheels etc :icon_thumright:

I do apologize, the car is actually Aruba Blue!

Got myself a genuine S-Line spoiler from eBay for £140 delivered.
Needed repainting so away to the bodyshop it went, £78 all in to get it resprayed, lugs cut off and bonded to the car. Result!

Also got 70mpg on a 45 mile journey back from my parent's home, twisty country road; very impressed!!

Last edited:
Fitted the black edition rear diffuser today!

Here's a before and after!

null_zpscb1d708d.jpg

null_zps7132373e.jpg

null_zps171613c4.jpg

null_zps1bcae027.jpg

And a shot further back:

null_zps07117a9e.jpg

Big difference to my eyes, and the S Line spoiler is being fitted Tuesday!

Thanks,
Richard

I need to get on of those diffusers but a twin exhaust. I might have to go to the stealers when funds allow.

What about this mate - Audi A3 S Line Rear Bumper Genuine phantom black 2008-2012 | eBay

You'll pay around the 200 mark at a dealer for the diffuser on it's own. Then you could sell the bumper with your current diffuser for I dunno, £75-£125?

That's sounds like a plan but I'm good at the buying but not to good at the selling hence my garage now has a concert double din stereo, 4x 17 inch sport alloys with michelins on and some speakers and a set of standard pedals sitting in it.
I really need to get them on eBay lol.

It wasn't the easiest to fit, but I took a lot of pictures so could put a how to guide up (not sure if there's a section for it or not) ?

In summary:
2 screws on either side - two rows of clips very securely in place!
Took me (incompetent) about an hour in all, and that included jacking up the back end to give me and my screwdriver more room!

Are your honeycomb sections hollow Spartan? They look like they are clogged up with crap in which case you must be driving in fields all the time or they are not hollow as mine and Richards above are and therefore getting dirty easily?

Nice work. I did the same on my sportback. Makes the back end seem more complete.

It wasn't the easiest to fit, but I took a lot of pictures so could put a how to guide up (not sure if there's a section for it or not) ?

In summary:
2 screws on either side - two rows of clips very securely in place!
Took me (incompetent) about an hour in all, and that included jacking up the back end to give me and my screwdriver more room!

Any more progress on this guide mate? Interested to see how easy it is.

Any more progress on this guide mate? Interested to see how easy it is.

I'll get it up at the weekend! Just need to make some circles on pictures etc.
Anyway:

Up in Oban last week and the sun came out - decided it was a good time to wash the car and get snap happy!
Some of the pictures aren't the greatest (taking a picture into the sun never works) but I'll just chuck them all up!

null_zpsdfc66fb9.jpg

null_zps3076c08b.jpg

null_zps556f6fd5.jpg

null_zpsa192c4a4.jpg

null_zpsa65f5bb9.jpg

null_zps7c1155e1.jpg

null_zps4f4bc846.jpg

null_zps94f80908.jpg

null_zps22d0e82e.jpg

null_zps90524367.jpg

null_zps4da23c07.jpg

null_zps7d2d8db0.jpg

null_zps7576599d.jpg

null_zps3156c785.jpg

null_zps7690d62f.jpg

null_zpsc487d478.jpg

null_zpsfeec4d0e.jpg

null_zps825f5746.jpg

null_zpsb06aa416.jpg

null_zps0bd23bd4.jpg

null_zps3ea23f28.jpg

looks great mate and your house is absolutely epic location:icon_thumright:

im going to do the rear diffuser myself soon when i find one at a decent price

looks great mate and your house is absolutely epic location:icon_thumright:

im going to do the rear diffuser myself soon when i find one at a decent price

Single or twin pipe mate?

Looking good mate and definitely envious of the house and view!

What's up next?

Yeah sod the car, check the view :p

Imagine rolling up on that driveway and seeing that view after a hard days work...lovely!

Well here are a few photos of the view seeing as it's pretty nice! This isn't my house by the way, one of my relatives stays there!

DSC_0257.jpg

null_zpsa4923e8b.jpg

null_zpsb7fc7beb.jpg

null_zps4666a532.jpg

null_zps23eea3e9.jpg

Reactions: Artimus and leeds2592
Very nice car Richard,
i have a 2010 2L TDI Also,
but i have a dual exhaust, why is yours single? is it cause mines a sports back?
id like to also find out what i need to finish mine to make it an Sline (Done the Rear hatch spoiler, have a black optics grill i got from A3Kent going on soon, what else am i missing?
IMG 1159

Well that's it then, I'm moving there, do they rent rooms.

Very nice car Richard,
i have a 2010 2L TDI Also,
but i have a dual exhaust, why is yours single? is it cause mines a sports back?
id like to also find out what i need to finish mine to make it an Sline (Done the Rear hatch spoiler, have a black optics grill i got from A3Kent going on soon, what else am i missing?

I think it was a user preference, so I'm not sure why mine is different! From what I gather you still need:

17" > 18" wheels
Beige headlining > Black headlining
Sport suspension (-10mm on standard) > S-Line suspension (-15mm on standard)

Well that's it then, I'm moving there, do they rent rooms.

It's a bit out the way though, no next service delivery or any of the bigger fast food outlets (McDonald's, KFC, Domino's), and the amount of tourists is horrendous.

awww cool, headliner too much hassel as then i have to change mirror and lights to black,
i have 18inch Rs6 wheels already,
what Sline exterior parts are needed? can i just add the Valance? and is the Sline front much different? and are there Skirts or not?

awww cool, headliner too much hassel as then i have to change mirror and lights to black,
i have 18inch Rs6 wheels already,
what Sline exterior parts are needed? can i just add the Valance? and is the Sline front much different? and are there Skirts or not?

None apart from the aforementioned parts - suspension and valance seems like all you need! The front end is exactly the same apart from the chrome rings round the foglights.

Chris - as discussed, you need the S-Line front bumper if you want all S-Line mate. Notice the different shape fog grilles.

Sport / SE

A3se

S-Line

A3sline