S3 alloys on a3

Silvera3

Reaction score
Hi guys been reading the forum for the last couple of months and finally purchased my a3 2.0t s line last month.

I have the standard 5 spoke 18" Ronal 'rs6' alloys I think they are called on 225/40/18 tyres.

What I would like to know is I have purchased some anthracite 18" s3 alloys of another member on here, which I believe are the same size 18"x7.5J with same size tyres but a different offset being ET56

Basically what i would like to know is what size spacers I would need for these wheels to fit? Don't really like the idea of spacers too much so would like to know the smallest size I could use.

Quite new to modding cars and didn't quite realise there was a different offset until after I bought them so need to put them on now as can't really afford to buy any others at the min.

Hope I don't sound too stupid, but as I said quite new to this, so hopefully I'll learn a bit as I go!

Thanks for any replies in advance, hope somebody can help me out here!

Cheers

they technically don't need spacers as far as I know, since the S3 fitment requirement is the same as any a3, but you could always put some 10mm on to push them out looking fairly flush

Oh ok. Well I took it to a tyre centre to have new tyres put on and the new wheels at the same time and they told me that they would be rubbing on the suspension struts thats who advised me on the spacers.

Oh ok. Well I took it to a tyre centre to have new tyres put on and the new wheels at the same time and they told me that they would be rubbing on the suspension struts thats who advised me on the spacers.

Waffle! They fit straight on.

What offset (ET) are the Ronal wheels ?

Just take the value of the Ronal wheels and take it away from the 56 of the S3 alloys - this will tell you how much further inboard the S3 wheels are compared to the Ronals.

So if Ronals are 46, then the S3 wheels (inside edge and outer edge obviously) will sit 56 - 46 = 10mm further inside the arches (closer to the suspension strut). If Ronals are ET50 then the S3 alloys will sit 4mm further inboard.

I think the std Ronal RS6's in 18x7.5 are ET54 so its only 2mm closer to the strut.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not to sure without going and taking the wheels off again but I do seem to remember him saying that I needed 2mm spacers at the time (not to sure tho)!

Maybe they just didn't want to put the wheels on for me as I turned up half hour before they were due to close and wernt buying any tyres from them, just wanted the tyres put onto wheels and wheels put onto car?