dump valve on my S3?

barlow S5

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i put a let off dump valve on my S3, replaced it where the normal one goes sounds **** but runs o.k.

I then cut into my throttle body pipe and put it in there sounds mint but brings engine management light on and revs idle up and down

Can anyone help me with where to put it so it sounds good?

cheers

I'm assuming by sound you mean a dump to atmosphere type valve.

VAG TFSi engines need a recirculating valve, they will no work well on atmospheric dump valves as the MAF will be throwing back false readings, hence the engine management light. Long term this could damage your engine as the car will constantly be running too lean or rich as it attempts to compensate for false air readings. In short, get a recirculating valve back on sharpish.

I think forge do a form of blow off adapter which fits onto their recirculating valve but not sure. This could be what you need

Hi everyone

i put a let off dump valve on my S3, replaced it where the normal one goes sounds **** but runs o.k.

I then cut into my throttle body pipe and put it in there sounds mint but brings engine management light on and revs idle up and down

Can anyone help me with where to put it so it sounds good?

cheers

Hi...as Reload says,your car's ECU is now having trouble working out airflow,as you've introduced a great big leak into the system effectively.

If you absolutely have to have something that makes noises,then this is what you need....

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Of course,now you need a new throttle body pipe,and you need to replace the Diverter Valve.

Luckily Forge will sell you all of the bits you need...

I know it sounds like lecturing,but you really should find out how a particular engine measures ariflow etc before chopping up the induction system.

Oh...and I almost forgot...put the dump valve in the bin,before you damage your engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chilly, NHN and wuta3