A very strange experience! is my car going to disappear that is the question?

indo247

Reaction score
I got my car advertised on ebay, and i get a call some guy wants to come and look.
He turns up, the size of a barn door covered in tats, has a look round doesn't ask many questions at all.
Then turns round and says thanks but i'm not interested no test drive nothing?
very strange

i'm wondering if it was a case out!!

I got my car advertised on ebay, and i get a call some guy wants to come and look.
He turns up, the size of a barn door covered in tats, has a look round doesn't ask many questions at all.
Then turns round and says thanks but i'm not interested no test drive nothing?
very strange

i'm wondering if it was a case out!!

Did you mention that it had those fake-eyelash things glued on the headlights when u listed it on ebay?

... :p

Means nothing,he probably realised that it was too small for him.

Reactions: NHN
Had you sold the car and taken a depost? Surely you can't just let random people test drive your car.. Sounds normal to me, not everyone likes to chit-chat, I'm the same. I'm sure you already covered all the possible questions in your add.

From the experiences of a few people I know of,you have to be very careful,and I'd be wary of ever letting someone come to my house to see a car.

I know one guy who did this,and his car was gone the same day,under very fishy circumstances,so be careful for a while.

I guess I sound paranoid,but having owned a couple of the theft magnets from the last decade,you just get a nose for odd folk.

did you get the details of the vehicle he turned up in? did it look to be his own vehicle? local accent? still got his number? a barn door sized gent might not be too easy to find should anything happen!

did you get the details of the vehicle he turned up in? did it look to be his own vehicle? local accent? still got his number? a barn door sized gent might not be too easy to find should anything happen!

yeh details taken, number as well

webuyanycar.com or trade it at a stealer if you're going for another car.

A neighbour sold his TT to them and got a fair deal. He may have lost a few hundred quid but potentially saved himself a bit of bother in the process.

From the experiences of a few people I know of,you have to be very careful,and I'd be wary of ever letting someone come to my house to see a car.

I know one guy who did this,and his car was gone the same day,under very fishy circumstances,so be careful for a while.

I guess I sound paranoid,but having owned a couple of the theft magnets from the last decade,you just get a nose for odd folk.

agreed

Similar thing happend to me and my dads cosworth project car, had a sierra cosworth RWD gold top engine tuned spent £'s on it managed to get 413bhp then decided to sell it had few people come round then heard a noise at night someone smashed my front window and grabbed the key for the car, he then opened the gate to my garden and this is the fun bit GOT ATTACKED BY MY DOG 74KG german shepard cross saint bernard - there was blood everywhere the guy got caught left alot of DNA in my garden and over my dogs fur also found the key in the garden

heres a pic of my dog lol

ImageOh yh and me with a hobbo beard lol

Reactions: martinivw, PaulAr, dk1234 and 8 others
Aww he's a lovely dog! Bet the scumbag proper shat himself! Glad he got chewed upon which helped catch him. Hope he didn't hurt your dog at all though!?!

lmao at hobbo beard too :haha: It's ok, snow on the ground, beards allowed surely!

I was hibernating :-/ lol, the dog is fine hes to tough to get hurt lol

I find that an English Bull Terrier works quite well.....and it's not the one in the avatar....that's me on a bad day.

Reactions: TDI140
Similar thing happend to me and my dads cosworth project car, had a sierra cosworth RWD gold top engine tuned spent £'s on it managed to get 413bhp then decided to sell it had few people come round then heard a noise at night someone smashed my front window and grabbed the key for the car, he then opened the gate to my garden and this is the fun bit GOT ATTACKED BY MY DOG 74KG german shepard cross saint bernard - there was blood everywhere the guy got caught left alot of DNA in my garden and over my dogs fur also found the key in the garden

heres a pic of my dog lol

View attachment 15656Oh yh and me with a hobbo beard lol

That dog is a BEAST! Haha

Reactions: TDI140