EM TuningVolks Autos
Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By voorhees
  • 1 Post By JJ.Foulds
  • 1 Post By jb0o
  • 11 Post By TDI140
  • 1 Post By S3Alex
  • 1 Post By immo

Thread: A very strange experience! is my car going to disappear that is the question?

Neutral

Status

A very strange experience! is my car going to disappear that is the question?

I got my car advertised on ebay, and i get a call some guy wants to come and look.
    He turns up, the size of a barn door covered in tats, has a look round doesn't ask many questions at all.
    Then turns round and says thanks but i'm not interested no test drive nothing?
    very strange

i'm wondering if it was a case out!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indo247 View Post
    I got my car advertised on ebay, and i get a call some guy wants to come and look.
    He turns up, the size of a barn door covered in tats, has a look round doesn't ask many questions at all.
    Then turns round and says thanks but i'm not interested no test drive nothing?
    very strange

i'm wondering if it was a case out!!
    Did you mention that it had those fake-eyelash things glued on the headlights when u listed it on ebay?

... :P
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wuta3 View Post
    Did you mention that it had those fake-eyelash things glued on the headlights when u listed it on ebay?

... :P
    confused.com

6th Gear

Status
    Park on a buddys driveway for a few nights! Install cctv tomorrow?
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Status
    Means nothing,he probably realised that it was too small for him.
    NHN likes this.

English...not so good

Status
    Had you sold the car and taken a depost? Surely you can't just let random people test drive your car.. Sounds normal to me, not everyone likes to chit-chat, I'm the same. I'm sure you already covered all the possible questions in your add.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironborn View Post
    Had you sold the car and taken a depost? Surely you can't just let random people test drive your car.. Sounds normal to me, not everyone likes to chit-chat, I'm the same. I'm sure you already covered all the possible questions in your add.
    no not sold the car he was the first punter i've had come and look

2007 AUDI A3 2.0 TFSI S line Quattro Special Edition | eBay

Rarely neutral

Status
    From the experiences of a few people I know of,you have to be very careful,and I'd be wary of ever letting someone come to my house to see a car.

I know one guy who did this,and his car was gone the same day,under very fishy circumstances,so be careful for a while.

I guess I sound paranoid,but having owned a couple of the theft magnets from the last decade,you just get a nose for odd folk.

5th Gear

Status
    maybe he didn't like the seats in the flesh :P

JJ.
    NHN likes this.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Maybe he just didnt like it...
    NHN likes this.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    did you get the details of the vehicle he turned up in? did it look to be his own vehicle? local accent? still got his number? a barn door sized gent might not be too easy to find should anything happen!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T8DPR View Post
    did you get the details of the vehicle he turned up in? did it look to be his own vehicle? local accent? still got his number? a barn door sized gent might not be too easy to find should anything happen!
    yeh details taken, number as well

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    webuyanycar.com or trade it at a stealer if you're going for another car.

A neighbour sold his TT to them and got a fair deal. He may have lost a few hundred quid but potentially saved himself a bit of bother in the process.
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |Light & Rain Sensor Pack |CH/LH Lights |RNS-E & No Highs No Lows it must be Bose |

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    From the experiences of a few people I know of,you have to be very careful,and I'd be wary of ever letting someone come to my house to see a car.

I know one guy who did this,and his car was gone the same day,under very fishy circumstances,so be careful for a while.

I guess I sound paranoid,but having owned a couple of the theft magnets from the last decade,you just get a nose for odd folk.
    agreed

5th Gear

Status
    Similar thing happend to me and my dads cosworth project car, had a sierra cosworth RWD gold top engine tuned spent £'s on it managed to get 413bhp then decided to sell it had few people come round then heard a noise at night someone smashed my front window and grabbed the key for the car, he then opened the gate to my garden and this is the fun bit GOT ATTACKED BY MY DOG 74KG german shepard cross saint bernard - there was blood everywhere the guy got caught left alot of DNA in my garden and over my dogs fur also found the key in the garden

heres a pic of my dog lol

image.jpgOh yh and me with a hobbo beard lol
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    Aww he's a lovely dog! Bet the scumbag proper shat himself! Glad he got chewed upon which helped catch him. Hope he didn't hurt your dog at all though!?!

lmao at hobbo beard too It's ok, snow on the ground, beards allowed surely!
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers

5th Gear

Status
    I was hibernating :-/ lol, the dog is fine hes to tough to get hurt lol
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Rarely neutral

Status
    I find that an English Bull Terrier works quite well.....and it's not the one in the avatar....that's me on a bad day.

Stop me

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    Similar thing happend to me and my dads cosworth project car, had a sierra cosworth RWD gold top engine tuned spent £'s on it managed to get 413bhp then decided to sell it had few people come round then heard a noise at night someone smashed my front window and grabbed the key for the car, he then opened the gate to my garden and this is the fun bit GOT ATTACKED BY MY DOG 74KG german shepard cross saint bernard - there was blood everywhere the guy got caught left alot of DNA in my garden and over my dogs fur also found the key in the garden

heres a pic of my dog lol

image.jpgOh yh and me with a hobbo beard lol
    That dog is a BEAST! Haha
    TDI140 likes this.
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors