More S-Line thoughts

cosmicblue

Reaction score
With 500 miles gone the new S-Line Sportback is settling down, the suspension has become noticeably more compliant, it has moved from HARD to FIRM and is much easier to live with. My guess is that the dampers were a little, tight and have now loosened up a bit. Lady wife likes the ride so can't be that bad.

A steady 75-80 on the M40 returns 47-48mpg so well impressed with that!

One odd thing though, driving back in the rain tonight, wipers on single speed, exited the motorway, up the slip road and stopped at the lights - and so did the wipers.

Weird, the next position up was the double speed setting, anyway the lights changed to Green and off I went - and wipers re-started, doing the same thing again at the next set of lights. Is this normal?

I think it is normal. Mine seem to have a mind of their own. I've stopped wondering - as long as they wipe whilst on the move I'm reasonably happy.

cosmicblue

Yes, if you have wipers on 'single speed' then when you stop, they should go to 'intermittent' setting until you move off again.

Yep, mind of their own! they're also speed sensitive, stop on slow speed they go intermittant, stop on intermittant they probably treble the intermittant "off" time.

If you think they're bad try the auto rain sensor one's, now they really do have a mind of their own!!

Can we (the royal "we" this time) have some pics Cosmic? - just so I can gnash my teeth at not owning one...

Sorry SteveB, I didn't get a whole lot of joy putting pictures up here so there are some in the Tiresmoke Gallery:

Tyresmoke gallery

The Avus Silver changes colour (becomes lighter) if you use flash photography.

If you want specfic photos, just ask,

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, mind of their own! they're also speed sensitive, stop on slow speed they go intermittant, stop on intermittant they probably treble the intermittant "off" time.

If you think they're bad try the auto rain sensor one's, now they really do have a mind of their own!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not really figured out how the hell my auto rain wipers work and it is bucketing it down here, just been for 15 min spin with the misses, she still has not drove it yet. Like more and more every time I drive it.

What is everyones problem with auto - wipers???

Simple idea, works perfectly like so (listen carefully):

Off = Off

Auto = Auto

Not rocket science - Whats so hard?

So when I switch it up it goes to auto? And the thing in the middle of the stalk controls the senstivity of the auto'ness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Of course - what do you expect? Mind-reading 'how many rain drops do you like' wipers?

Set your preference and it maintains it automatically....... thus the term 'auto'

[ QUOTE ]
Of course - what do you expect? Mind-reading 'how many rain drops do you like' wipers?

Set your preference and it maintains it automatically....... thus the term 'auto'

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be cool if the whole car had that. I could think about getting to work, the car would do it and I'd get a few extra minutes of kip on the way.

Getting home from the boozer wouldn't be too bad either. Unless of course you'd pulled some young lass and you were just thinking about a night of debauchery....that'd be an interesting ride home.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your just full of the joy's of spring ar'nt ya...

[ QUOTE ]

Simple idea, works perfectly like so (listen carefully):

Off = Off

Auto = Auto

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its more like

Off=Off
Auto= anything from Off to full pelt whenever the hell it feels like it.

I getting used to them now though. Just makes you look like you can't work your wipers when they have those 'full on' attacks in light rain.