Finally bought my 2.0TFSI! Finally part of the forum. Its green?

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
Hi, so yesterday i finally bought my 2.0TFSI A3 quattro sportback for £4350.

Well happy with it overall, full leather, symphony upgrade, twin panoramic roofs, and in super great overall condition for the amount of miles (119k). Also just been MOT'd for a year.

2 Problems - Car needs a service asap (done 20k since last) and it has an advisory on the front discs corroding.

As i am a music student, this purchase has in fact completely skint me so my modding will not be starting till after september (which is my student loan time!). But i will need a lot of help as im completely new to any modding and car repairs etc, but i will try and not give up easily.

PLAN Exterior.
- De-badging the back (or at least the 2.0t badge) i want people to think its a standard engine :p
- Front chrome and Audi badge, i will be plasti dipping black.
- Headlight bulbs all need changing from the horrible orange colour, i would like an 8000k look bulb. Phillips do one is it? (i do like to blue tint though) advice please?
- Window tints? Not sure on this though as i do think it gives a certain impression instantly. And the windows look tinted green already ?!
- Audi-sport.net sticker? :p lol

ENGINE.
Now im gonna need some advice here as the car has done 119k miles, so im guessing the clutch and turbo hose's need checking or replacing to make sure its all working to full.
In order
- New brakes with discs for the front, considering the MOT advisory. Some BIG brakes for future proofing, advice?.
- Forge twin air intake? outthought i would like something a bit cheaper. anyone seen the S2000 air intake used for the 8L model? something similar, advice?
- Uprated FMIC, to the THS? one, or maybe just S3 stock one, then with the forge twincooler upgrade so i can show it at the front.
- Custom remap to 265bhp? Looking for stock S3 power.

Now im not sure if im asking too much with the 260bhp, would i need a 'turbo back exhaust'? im not too sure about that sort of stuff except i defiantly want it resonated. (my focus st170 was LOUD).
Am i asking too much from an engine thats done 119k miles or along as i get it checked for boost leak etc it should be fine?

Now for a few pics! i hope you like the GREEN. i thought it was black when i went to buy LOL, (thought the guy just had a dodgey camera!).

Thanks guys!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reactions: K.A and Sandra
Congrats on the new car mate, £4350 is a steal considering its a Quattro with panoramic roof, leathers and double din and I like the colour too. If you're wanting to upgrade the headlights then the closest you'll get to 8000k with Philips is using Philips diamond vision paired with led sidelights otherwise you're better off getting some oem xenon headlamps. I have a custom remap on my Quattro running at 262bhp though this is along with full milltek non res turbo back and an ITG maxogen air filter, my car has done 68000 and the clutch is still smooth though if you find after your remap that the clutch starts slipping then you're better off getting an uprated clutch should you wish to take it further than 260 bhp. I've also debadged mine from the back and the look on some muppets faces when I dust them is priceless lol

Reactions: wuta3
yeh thats why i wanted it de-badged, to smoke people who think its a standard like 1.6 petrol or something ha.

JJ.

Bargain you got a wicked spec mate congrats

Car is looking awesome, you got a really good buy there and i love the colour, we dont see many green audi's enjoy driving it. :) x

Enjoy the car...it should be fun.

Mods......your exterior mods won't cost much to do,but anything else is likely to be more expensive.

The best current intakes are the VWRacing(ITG),Revo and when it's sorted,the AMDTuning should also fit the bill.

A bigger intercooler would be helpful,and the S3 or THS would be fine.....I know the Forge Twin works,but one big intercooler has always seemed a better engineering solution,and don't be preoccupied with how it looks.

Brake kits are very expensive,and you would be looking at a minimum of £1500 for a big brake kit,unless you can find and be happy with an S3 kit.

Before you get around to ANY engine mods,have it looked over carefully(any good tuner will do this),and budget for a new uprated clutch.

i was thinking of taking it for a rolling road as standard, to make sure its making maybe 190bhp and if it doesnt to have it checked over. is this a good idea?
a dyno is about 30-40 quid right? and i would have to take it to a 4WD one as these no fuse to disable it?

and thanks for the replys!

JJ.

i was thinking of taking it for a rolling road as standard, to make sure its making maybe 190bhp and if it doesnt to have it checked over. is this a good idea?
a dyno is about 30-40 quid right? and i would have to take it to a 4WD one as these no fuse to disable it?

and thanks for the replys!

JJ.

I think thats a good idea....and it would give a prospective tuner the chance to look it over,although there would be a fee.

I think thats a good idea....and it would give a prospective tuner the chance to look it over,although there would be a fee.
A lot of car for the price :)So how you feeling about the colour lol? If you like green it's fine but if I went to pick up a black car and it turned out green I'd be merked :D

I swear I've just stared at that picture for 5 minutes and its looks completely black to me, haha. Doesn't help that I'm colour blind though! :)

Lovely buy mate, cracking price.. hope cambelts been done!

Reactions: Ironborn
Very nice car. Good price (as said already).

Don't waste your money on stupid induction kits or De-Cat... Just enjoy the car as it is - they're very nice as they are :)

I have customer with Audi S3 265hp with many mods and its running like a bad of sheeeeeeeeet. Some things are best left alone!

Use 4WD dyno for this car.

Anybody who 'disables' the rear wheels or whatever is stupid. If has Quattro use 4WD dyno! If a company cannot afford 4WD they should not mess about in my opnion

Enjoy the car...it should be fun.

Mods......your exterior mods won't cost much to do,but anything else is likely to be more expensive.

The best current intakes are the VWRacing(ITG),Revo and when it's sorted,the AMDTuning should also fit the bill.

A bigger intercooler would be helpful,and the S3 or THS would be fine.....I know the Forge Twin works,but one big intercooler has always seemed a better engineering solution,and don't be preoccupied with how it looks.

Brake kits are very expensive,and you would be looking at a minimum of £1500 for a big brake kit,unless you can find and be happy with an S3 kit.

Before you get around to ANY engine mods,have it looked over carefully(any good tuner will do this),and budget for a new uprated clutch.

Shark seem to be liking the Wagner intercooler. I think it performs better than an S3.

I didn't think they did the 2.0TFSI/Quattro outside sline? Anyway, cracking buy!

Sounds like a decent buy that mate! you won't be happy with standard s3 power I can garrentee you'll want more, stock s3 is a bit dull tbh, hopefully after a remap you will have more torque than stock s3

It looks like 2.0TFSI 200hp (197 if you're a ****er who corrects people) and should be 'AXX' engine code on logbook?

But who cares! Enjoy your car - 'unfollows post'

Shark seem to be liking the Wagner intercooler. I think it performs better than an S3.

Wagner get a lot of good feedback,so I'd imagine they're able to live up to that.

I can only go by what I know,and what would be the best value for this car,and if the Wagner fits into that,all the better.

For the S3,currently it would be between THS,ProAlloy,AS,and APR.

Use 4WD dyno for this car.

Anybody who 'disables' the rear wheels or whatever is stupid. If has Quattro use 4WD dyno! If a company cannot afford 4WD they should not mess about in my opnion

Absolutely right.

The only reason for disabling the Haldex is for problems trying to run big power Haldex systems on certain types of rolling roads.

Otherwise,and certainly up to 400+bhp,there should be no issues with the Haldex engaged,and any decent tuner should be able to accomadate that.

Very nice car. Good price (as said already).

Don't waste your money on stupid induction kits or De-Cat... Just enjoy the car as it is - they're very nice as they are :)

I have customer with Audi S3 265hp with many mods and its running like a bad of sheeeeeeeeet. Some things are best left alone!

Depends very much I think on who you go to for tuning,and how good they are at sorting problems.

Mine runs over 500bhp reliably,and any problems along the way have been sorted by my guys without trouble,but for a good stock car,S3 or otherwise,as I said at the beginning,enjoy the car.

ANything else takes time and increasing amounts of money.......

thanks for all the input, obviously i have some time to plan these things before fitting etc. Glad to hear i seem to of got a good deal overall, hope it doesn't break on me!

But just been out in the rain, and the quattro is amazing, no wheels spinning at all! and can just feel when it engages, my focus would of been spinning everywhere!

JJ.

thanks for all the input, obviously i have some time to plan these things before fitting etc. Glad to hear i seem to of got a good deal overall, hope it doesn't break on me!

But just been out in the rain, and the quattro is amazing, no wheels spinning at all! and can just feel when it engages, my focus would of been spinning everywhere!

JJ.

Regardless of those who say that Haldex isnt "proper" 4WD(and I've used Torsen and Quaife systems before)it does work very well,and is a good fix for what is otherwise a FWD car.

After all,Haldex was good enough for Kenneth Hansen to win a number of European Rallycross championships with.....yes,not the same as what you and I can buy,but it does work.

O and btw it came with a full 4x P6000, half decent tyres iv heard?

JJ.

Best currently would be Conti 5's,Goodyear F1 Assys,or best of all,Michelin Supersports,but what yours came with aren't half bad either.

Well done.

For 265 bhp you will need an exhaust system, that would be the first mod. Clutch will almost certainly need looking at with it being a quattro unless it has been done recently.

Rick

Reactions: S3Alex
Insurance - don't forget to ensure you report existing and new mods. I'm an old f.....t yet was charged a premium just because I fitted smaller (!) alloys.

Insurance - don't forget to ensure you report existing and new mods. I'm an old f.....t yet was charged a premium just because I fitted smaller (!) alloys.

Good advice....tell them everything.

I'm finally reaping the benefits of being an old git...my premium actually came down by £100 this year,and the power etc went up.

Yeah i will be telling insurance of everything, i will be going with prestige one of the forum sponsers, they have quoted me a good price!

JJ.

For 265 bhp you will need an exhaust system, that would be the first mod. Clutch will almost certainly need looking at with it being a quattro unless it has been done recently.

Rick

I'm running 260bhp on the same car with stock everything other than the custom map..

Reactions: wuta3
I'm running 260bhp on the same car with stock everything other than the custom map..

Same here, ran about 25k miles without any problems what so ever, however only went 1 mile at stage 2+ and it was a different story....
From what i have read it seems complete pot luck as to whether your clutch will be ok or not.

De-badged my car! decided to just take them all off. and also the sticker on the window from the audi dealer.

I did have problems with a misfire and the emmisions light coming on, after taking the connectors out the plugs and air filter and placing it all back together it seemed to work fine, i think i need that service! o and vagcom.

JJ.

Does anyone know what the colour code might be? iv looked in the boot, and i saw a sticker but it was all worn, i have a load of number in my log book, can someone give me some codes so i know what numbers im looking for?

JJ.

enter the codes >Here< for your list of factory fitted options, if you've got more than is listed it'll be a retrofit.

Thats a great tool! apparently i had a '3FB = Spoiler roof' but that is OBVIOUSLY no where to be found lol...

But on the 'paint number/interior equipment, it reads 'AXX(then written in pen)030963' and HHJ and GVU.

No codes are showing the paint though :/

JJ.

I'd hazard a guess your car is Cambridge Green Pearl, code LZ6E but you might want to get an Audi parts dealer to confirm that !

Not many that colour. I'm colour blind too and having owned a Kiwi Yellow Ibiza I shy away from green cars.

Should look very BRG in the sunshine, here's mine:

2.0T Quattro too, Revo stage 2, Miltek downpipe & cat. Early S-Line so no body kit but all the S-Line goodies inside plus full leather, looks very discrete especially with the standard rear silencer - nice for upsetting people who think it's a TDI.

I knew mine was Green before I looked at it but I did pop up to the dealer to look at the car out of hours just as it was getting dark, I was more worried that the interior looked green too but it was just a combination of the street lights & the tinted glass.

Attachments

• Audi 018.jpg
    Audi 018.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Audi 014.jpg
    Audi 014.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Audi 016.jpg
    Audi 016.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Not many that colour. I'm colour blind too and having owned a Kiwi Yellow Ibiza I shy away from green cars.

Should look very BRG in the sunshine, here's mine:

2.0T Quattro too, Revo stage 2, Miltek downpipe & cat. Early S-Line so no body kit but all the S-Line goodies inside plus full leather, looks very discrete especially with the standard rear silencer - nice for upsetting people who think it's a TDI.

I knew mine was Green before I looked at it but I did pop up to the dealer to look at the car out of hours just as it was getting dark, I was more worried that the interior looked green too but it was just a combination of the street lights & the tinted glass.

Yes the green tinted glass is a weird one, not quote sure why tho. lol

JJ.