Bigger/better brakes.

It is an A3 1.6FSI.
Now I know some people will say its not worth it, but my driving style is pretty hard on the brakes.
Also stopping power is a big factor in a car.

Cheers

Those may not work with your car. Tha ad says they are for MK4 Golf. I'm not sure they fit A3 8p which shares the platform with MK5&6 Golf.
Also, if your current brakes are the 280mm ones, you'll also have to change the hubs as the current ones have the carriers built-in.

Speak to n8 as i,m sure he can sort u out

Reactions: N8
mk4 golf brakes wont fit an 8p model as pcd is 100 on mk4 and 8p is 112

Those may not work with your car. Tha ad says they are for MK4 Golf. I'm not sure they fit A3 8p which shares the platform with MK5&6 Golf.
Also, if your current brakes are the 280mm ones, you'll also have to change the hubs as the current ones have the carriers built-in.
Ok thanks. TBH i dont think my current disks as even as big as 280mm. The add is a bit miss leading, says MK4 TT S3. As for the hubs how much hassle/cost would this be?

Speak to n8 as i,m sure he can sort u out
Will do he has sorted me out before :)

You need a set up from a car that has 5x112 stuf pattern otherwise finding discs that fit those calipers will be a major issue, if i find some AMG calipers and discs at the right price ill be selling my golf gti edition 30 set up, or go to breakers yard and see if you can find some off a golf gti or edition 30 they are 312mm

You need a set up from a car that has 5x112 stuf pattern otherwise finding discs that fit those calipers will be a major issue, if i find some AMG calipers and discs at the right price ill be selling my golf gti edition 30 set up, or go to breakers yard and see if you can find some off a golf gti or edition 30 they are 312mm

Right now I know what I'm looking for so thanks. Spotted these on the bay. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=221217678467&index=4&nav=WATCHING&nid=18120452659
Am I on the right tracks, even although they are a bit rusted..

Yh they will fit, i have them on mine but off an edition 30 golf and mine are factory colour red

Yh they will fit, i have them on mine but off an edition 30 golf and mine are factory colour red

Ok good making progress haha. Are they a simple swap job or new hubs as previously stated.
Yeah a lick of hammerite wouldn't go a miss.

If yours is a 2.0tdi 140 then straight swap

If your struts are same size as 2.0tdi model it will be fine then i think 2.0tdi size is 55mm not sure though

I know that some 2.0 FSI came with 50mm struts. You can search at brakers for the hubs. This way you won´t have to change the struts.

Asked the main man N8 about the MK5 golf GTI brakes and he said the would fit with out any alterations.
So properly confused now.

Asked the main man N8 about the MK5 golf GTI brakes and he said the would fit with out any alterations.
So properly confused now.
Same question, I drive 1.9 TDI 50 mm strut would 55 strut brakes fit ? as I have looked at mine strut shouldn't make any difference, am I right ?

Same question, I drive 1.9 TDI 50 mm strut would 55 strut brakes fit ? as I have looked at mine strut shouldn't make any difference, am I right ?

The problem is not with the brakes, is with the hub. 1.9 TDI, 1.6 MPI/FSI, some 2.o FSI have the caliper carriers and hubs in one piece. For bigger brakes (disks) you need other carriers (and calipers). Since they are built in the hub, you cannot replace them, you have to change the whole hub.
This brings up another issue, some of the cars with this type of hub also come with the 50mm struts. I do not know which ones. I know for sure that there are models with the 2.o FSI engine that have the 50mm struts and others with the 55mm ones. I do not know for the 1.9 TDI.
The idea is that first you should check if the carrier is built in with the hub or attached to it with bolts. If it is attached, than is only a matter of taking them off and replacing with the new ones.

Ok thanks johnny, I follow what you are saying.
I went into the dealer and on ETKA the picture looked like the disc was just attached with bolts, I know the software isn't a 100% accurate.. And the guy couldn't help as they wouldn't put anything other than standerd on the carAlso the
price is much and such the same as second hand 312mm