Eibach 40/50 springs and 19" rims - any issues?

dzTT

Reaction score
I'm considering getting some 40/50mm lowering springs on my Black Edition to give it a bit of a lower look instead of going down the coilover route again.

Then also considering getting some 19" Audi Rotors later on in the year/start of next year (once I save the pennies up) but wondering if there is anyone out with the springs and 19" rim combo and if there is an rubbing issues.

If there is I might have to go down the coilover route but that would push everything back a few months :(

Cheers
Dazz

I have h&r's with same drop and 19 rotors. Don't have any problems. Just don't go wider than 225.

I have the Eibach sportlines and 19" RS6s on mine. No rubbing on the arches, does slightly scrape the undertray on those small speed bumps if you try to drive over it with both wheels either side but other than that its fine. I have 225/35/19 Avon ZZ3s on the alloy which is 19x8.5 et42, stance is perfect without the need of any spacers.
Check out the blog in my sig for pics

Thanks for the info, I've got those middle of the road speed bumps on my street now but only have one to clear before I get out to the mian road. Hopefully all should be fine...now just to save up the money and hope the mrs doesn't notice a new set of wheels on the car :whistle2:

I have Eibach Sportlines on my 2008 TDI, with TT-RS replicas & 215/35/19 rubber.
Think the wheels are ET42, although can't really remember.

Under everyday use it is fine, only a slight scrape when going over larger speed bumps.
However, as soon as I have even one person in the back it scrapes like hell around corners. I once did a 40 mile trip with two lads in the back and it scraped over every single bump in the road, corners were a nightmare.

I wouldn't change it though, the stance is perfect and ride is better. Just use it as more of a two-seater now! :)

Chris

As I have OEM 19" Rotors if I fit Eibach Sportlines and 225/35/19 tyres would anyone envisage any arch scraping over speed humps and/or people in the back?? Would I also need to remove the rear arch screws?

Thanks in advance

You will get some scraping over speed bumps, but just put one wheel over the bump and it'll be fine. I imagine you'll need to remove the arch screw.