A3 8p subwoofer

Ade6

Reaction score
My sub in the rear is making a crackling sound what size is the sub so i can replace it?

If i remeber correctly, im sure it is an 8" sub in the boot mate

you wont be able to replace it with any sub as it is in a very small enclosure... i would recommend a direct replacement part or going for something like the Andy Mac sub

you wont be able to replace it with any sub as it is in a very small enclosure... i would recommend a direct replacement part or going for something like the Andy Mac sub

Where can you buy the Andy Mac sub?

Thanks mate, didn't actually realise he was on the forum lol. I've PM'd him.

Is it possible to replace standard Blaupunkt sub woofer with Bose sub woofer in A3/S3 8P? Is connector the same? Amplifier is also in the box? I'm satisfied with sound, especially after fitting RSN-e, just that sub woofer is not up to job, it makes annoying noises, I dampened it somehow but still it's crap compared to the rest of the system.

You can buy your own enclosures of ebay for around £80 similar to Andy's and do your own system if you want...
However i will be keeping an eye on this as im in the same situation

Wouldn't bother, the bose one is still crap, sounds ok inside but crackles and farts from listening outside.

Reactions: sliced
RIP Andy, I bought the sub kit from him awhile ago for my 8L it was spot on. didnt realise he passed away :(

I'm sure it's a 6.5" sub. My blaupunkt one is. I ended up sacking it off totally and fitting a full system in and wiring the rear speakers directly to the head unit

He has passed away? Was wanting one of his sub kits also