Loba clutch hardish gear change

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have had a loba clutch installed from around 1.5k miles on my S3 and never really noticed that it was hardish to change gears but since driving a friends car then getting back into mine. I have noticed it is quite hard to change gears.

Is this normal for the loba clutch?

If not any pointers to get this resolved?

Thanks

ryan

Yes its normal, none of the uprated ones are the same as the standard clutch despite what has been said on here.

Yes its normal, none of the uprated ones are the same as the standard clutch despite what has been said on here.

Stop moaning like a cry baby :p and let your leg strengthen up. Then it will be normal.

Reactions: autolatry and S.
I've never really noticed it being hard to get into gears... Pressing the clutch down/in yes, but never moving from one gear to another...

Reactions: wuta3
Yeah im fine with press the clutch down. I use to have a 6 paddle clutch in mu old car. Its change gears which im finding hard.

Stop moaning like a cry baby :p and let your leg strengthen up. Then it will be normal.
I'm not complaining, after 2/3 weeks I was well used to the Sachs. Was a bit **** before that granted. The standard clutch in the mrs cooper s is heavier and I used to have a Clio 172 years ago so I know what heavy clutches are like! :)

I'm not complaining, after 2/3 weeks I was well used to the Sachs. Was a bit **** before that granted. The standard clutch in the mrs cooper s is heavier and I used to have a Clio 172 years ago so I know what heavy clutches are like! :)

I say the same about my other halves Mini Cooper! Yeah I know it's not a cooper s but its not my car. Ha

Guys been for a drive this morning and this might help abit:

When i go to change gear it comes out of gear fine but when going into the new gear it feels like it hits a stop before going in gear. It goes in first time but just feels strange.

Thanks

You didnt used all of the 0.11111111 ml of liquid that Sachs provides with the clutch lol hahaah:yahoo:

Yeah im fine with press the clutch down. I use to have a 6 paddle clutch in mu old car. Its change gears which im finding hard.

This shouldn't be happening.

The clutch feel may be heavier,and that's normal,but engaging/disengaging gears shouldnt be......may be the clutch release bearing,or something incorrect during fitting.

Or they haven't bled the slave properly, its a poor design with the bleed nipple in the middle of the circuit rather than at the end.

should i get this look at soon as they clutch has cost me alot of money and dont want to ruined.

Thanks

Car is book in for sunday. I hope no damage has been done to the clutch.

I will update once its been looked at:)

Car is book in for sunday. I hope no damage has been done to the clutch.

I will update once its been looked at:)

Hope it's all OK,and fixed soon.

Hi Guys

Ive had the car looked at and the garage, it has had changed the gearbox oil and look at all the gear linkages. Having the oil changed has helped with gear changing but the car is sometimes getting stuck in first gear ( in traffic in 1st gear get the biting point but clutch not full release then dip the clutch again. Car will not disengage from 1st untill i release the clutch fully then its fine)

Is this me using the clutch wrong or is there an issue? Could the clutch of been fitted wrong?

Thanks

Ryan

Guys need help !!!

Car is really struggling now to disengage from 1st and nearly caused me to crashed today.

have a read online. Looks like it could be the clutch release bearing, which might be gone. This wasnt replaced when the clutch was fitted.

Thanks

why wasnt the slave cylinder changed? I can't help with your problem unfortunately other than with the same setup I've not encountered and change issues, it feels the same as it did before the new clutch

Guys need help !!!

Car is really struggling now to disengage from 1st and nearly caused me to crashed today.

have a read online. Looks like it could be the clutch release bearing, which might be gone. This wasnt replaced when the clutch was fitted.

Thanks
you should really put the new bearing with the new clutch.
that's what i did and everything is fine. i still don't have issues that you all seem to have. works everytime i need it to work.

gearbox is being taken out on Saturday and being looked at again. I have bought a clutch bearing ready to go in. While the gearbox is apart and out is there anything else that is worth replacing?

Thanks for the help :)

Ryan

gearbox is being taken out on Saturday and being looked at again. I have bought a clutch bearing ready to go in. While the gearbox is apart and out is there anything else that is worth replacing?

Thanks for the help :)

Ryan

Hi there...the release bearing was one of the first things I mentioned at the start of your thread.

I can't see why they didnt replace it when it was being fitted as it's not exactly a high cost item,but if that's all it is,then it's a cheap fix.

Is your gearbox actually being opened?....if so,get the selector forks and syncros looked at.

Reactions: Jonse
I agree it should have been done. No the gearbox isnt going to be opened, Would it worth it being opened and looked at?

Thanks

I agree it should have been done. No the gearbox isnt going to be opened, Would it worth it being opened and looked at?

Thanks

I think that would add a lot of extra cost and time,so I'd probably go for the most likely problem and cross my fingers.

If the box is damaged it would a moderate amount of time and cost.

Cool ill do that, Ive just got my bearing from audi for £80. So lets hope for the best tomorrow.

Reactions: S3Alex
80 is quite expensive isn't it? I bought a sachs one for 35

Had the clutch bearing replaced on the weekend and drives like a dream now:) Lesson learnt. When replacing the clutch change the bearing aswell :)

Reactions: wuta3 and S.
right thing to do :D
mine is absolute beauty now with short shift kit and 42dd bushings. sharp and precise ftw :D

Yeah next is bushes and short shifter :)

I think I need some bushes, if I floor it in 1st it pulls very aggressively then feels violent as the front end drops back down when you change gear, almost feels like it's the engine snapping back and I've been told that my bushes are worn

What did it cost you in labour to change the release bearing?

it was the same guy who fitted my clutch. He charged me £250 to change the bearing, new gearbox oil and fit my miltek turbo downpipe

Ah right, does the downpipe have to come off to get to the clutch?

No it doesn't have to be removed but the mechanic said it would be easy and cheaper for me to do it at the same time.