Headlight being weird as ....

wuta3

Reaction score
My right self-leveling-main-beam-projector-headlight-thing turns off with dash bulb warning when driving over a bump occasionally. The sidelight remains on, so it isn't power being cut to the unit. If I turn the headlights off and on again, the right one always comes back on immediately.

The unit connector seems fine, no water ingress to the unit as far as I can see. Any ideas?

Could be the bulb on the way out, have you got a spare to try?

Do you have auto lights installed?

Could be the bulb on the way out, have you got a spare to try?

Do you have auto lights installed?

No spare bulb, not auto lights (as in the ones that switch on auto), its just 8P2 lights. It has been doing it for over 6 months, i'd have thought the bulb would be ok. What bulbs do the projectors take?

What headlights are fitted, halogens or bixenons?

What headlights are fitted, halogens or bixenons?

Nooo idea. I just know they are this type:

1297899831 72235657 3 FAROL Bi XENON E DIRECIONAL AUDI A3 8P ANO 2007 Pecas e acessorios carros

So would that be bi-xenons?

Bixenon Aiden, so I would consider 2 options, swap bulbs across & see if fault follows, if doesn't follow then try swapping the igniter modules across, at least this way it will work out where the issue lies & replace the item at fault.

D1S are the bulb type.

Last edited:
Reactions: wuta3
Bixenon Aiden, so I would consider 2 options, swap bulbs across & see if fault follows, if doesn't follow then try swapping the ignite modules across, at least this way it will work out where the issue lies & replace the item at fault.
D1S are the bulb type.

Perfect, cheers. Didn't think much was swappable, will give it a go.

No worries, better sort these rear lights out now huh lol, just stepped of a plane so little slow today.

No worries, better sort these rear lights out now huh lol, just stepped of a plane so little slow today.

Sorry mate, had to go through TPS in the end as had a potential buyer on the old ones. Then the buyer pulled out ... what a pain in the **** :(