JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Anyone recommend a good place for rims? rs4 19" replicas to be exact..

Hiya fellas,

Picked up my a3 last month and noticed a bleb on tyre sidewall....long story shory replaced tyre and its done same again.....wheel is buckled ffs...

Got 19" rs4 reps on atm which I like and want to keep the same......not sure if/how im gonna be able to pick a solitary rim up so looking at maybe just buying a new set....

I like how they sit on the car and im guessing offset is maybe 40-45 but not sure on wheel width (wife took car for tyre changing and forgot to get rim details even though I asked! I know, I know.....do it yourself if u want a job doing right! lol)

Ive seen some that are 19 x 8 and et42....

19" SILVER RS4 ALLOY WHEELS FITS AUDI A4 A6 A8 SKODA OCTAVIA SUPERB FORD GALAXY | eBay

Ive had cars before, big powered Evo and Scoobs and know a fair bit about rims, but unsure if Id have a prob with these....anyone?

Or anyone recommend a decent place to buy some....

This is how they sit atm...best pic I have...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Where are you located mate?

1st Gear

Status
    Why not get the current defective rim repaired - far cheaper than shelling out on a new set that could be inferior quality to the current set and buckle the same ?

Its a 5 minute job to jack the car up and remove a wheel to find the information, so why second guess (especially as one maker might be ET40, another 42 and another 45) ?

Nice looking motor btw

You may also be able to see the info with a make-up mirror if its on the back of one of the spokes.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MadA3 View Post
    Where are you located mate?

Barnsley bud in South Yorks

Quote Originally Posted by percymon View Post
    Why not get the current defective rim repaired - far cheaper than shelling out on a new set that could be inferior quality to the current set and buckle the same ?

Its a 5 minute job to jack the car up and remove a wheel to find the information, so why second guess (especially as one maker might be ET40, another 42 and another 45) ?

Nice looking motor btw

You may also be able to see the info with a make-up mirror if its on the back of one of the spokes.

Aye thats what I need to do, they all need a refurb as it is tbh, was unsure how bent the wheel is and if it could be sorted, guy said he could tell straight away before putting it on the balancing wheel

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like you need to talk to a local wheel refurb place - the buckled wheel may not be that bad that it can't be saved, and if the others need a refurb than its an ideal opportunity to have them done as you want them, either silver, bright silver, semi chrome, anthracite etc.

You should be able to get the buckled wheel sorted for under £100 assuming its not too far gone and the other three redone for £50 each - so a nice set of shiny new wheels for £250

Chin up bud, theres options out there without shelling out on another set of wheels and tyres.

1st Gear

Status
    Give the Leeds depot a ring - these guys are well respected in my neck of the woods

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment | Refurbish Alloy Wheels | Refurbish Wheels | Alloywheel Repair | Refurbished Alloy Wheels

or if not then lepsons do repairs - give them a call for an idea of what they can repair..

Alloy Wheel Repair | Lepsons

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

Status
    Theres a really good place in center of barnsley m8 called metal magic they can fix just about any wheel and powder coat them to like new
    A3 2.0 TDI SLINE MY09 PHANTOM BLACK -MODS - APR TRICORE REMAP 175 BHP, XENONSHOP SPECIAL CANBUS HID KIT, LED DRL CONVERSION, 19" RS4 ALLOYS, H&R SPRINGS, PRIVACY GLASS, ARMREST, HEATED SEATS, PDC, IPOD DOC, BLU-TOOTH PREP, COMFORT LIGHT PACK, INTERIOR ELEC LUMBER, S3 GRILL.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim78 View Post
    Barnsley
    Close to me. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Diesel Power!

Status
    I know of a good place in Manchester - They also offer postage.

That is where i got my TTRS alloys from, if intrested i will link to their eBay page,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys! gonna sort something next week!