Head lights gone out!?

john71482

Reaction score
I was driving home last night in the ****** rain and the next thing I know there is a police car up my ****! He comes over to tell me I've got a headlight out! Anyway I got home and tried having a look and the cap on the back of the head light has fell off! And obviously waters been splashing inside. The DRL's still work it's just the Xexon headlight that doesn't anyone got an idea if it'll dry out and work again of if its gonna cost me, if so about how much? Thanks!

No reason why it wouldn't dry out again - have you checked fuses ?

Can't see that much water will have got in but i suppose it depends how far you went in yesterdays monsoon

Sorry to jump into this thread but the cap on my drivers side headlight has broken off and I am looking for a replacement but no luck so far. I haven't gone to Audi yet as I was trying to get a cheap 2nd hand one of the bay but cant find any. I'm not even sure what it is called exactly? Any ideas guys?

I have an 8P with standard noon-xenon lights. I just need a new plastic cap that goes on the back of the headlight, the bit you remove to change the bulbs.

Thanks in advance.