more on light bulb modification

tsait

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all your helps. Let me describe more about my A3.

It is a 2006 A3 DSG automatic w/ a standard lighting.

I think i just want to get a much brighter light bulb (I think my is 4000 w and i would like it to be 6000w at least) than the one that i have right now.

So where can I find light bulb online that fit my A3?(can not find any site that specified the bulb for A3) Do I need to instal xenon for it to be brighter? or just a regular halogen light bulb w/ greater Waltage will do?

How about fog light?

Thanks in advance for any help

tsait

I have PIAA bulbs in mine and they are pretty good, I think they are somewhere near 6000K

I also have an HID kit I am trying to sell ...............Brand new unopened..

Try www.HIDS4U.CO.UK
I would think Ian would ship to the US.
These are aftermarket Xenon kits, you donr need to change your headlamps. Fitting is supposed to take about half an hour ....

how do the piaa compare with phillips vision plus in your opinion?whish piaa bulbs you using?

I am currently using PIAA Xtreme White bulbs on the dipped beam. They are better than the osrams and Phillips but not enough to justify the £60-£70 price tag (though I got mine at a reduced cost)

I hve tried most of the bulbs and still find the PIAA ones the best, though not by much......

I already had the Xenon installed from new. But the side lights look rubbish cos there not white like the main beam. Are there any bulds I can get to replace the side lights that are whiter??

Philips Blue Vision should do the trick. I decided to put them in after I saw the difference the PIAA bulbs made with the standard side lights.

The ones that I used, were the ones i got free from Power Bulbs. So I belive they are W5W

[ QUOTE ]
Philips Blue Vision should do the trick. I decided to put them in after I saw the difference the PIAA bulbs made with the standard side lights.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go these as well and they work well with the Xenon lighting.

Are they easy enough to fit? And can anyone confirm that they are W5W b4 I order them??