Headlight confusion :(

Darylaas

Reaction score
I have an 8p2 I think :/ but I'm looking at these headlights and there apparently off a 2011 car.. The guy has said he has upgraded to the new s3 led headlights..

So first of all would these fit mine with out changing bonnet and bumper and wings etC

and second I didn't think you could get any newer headlights plus do these have drls in aswell?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 179
Yes, but not LED ones.

The ones pictured are these
2287139d

And you're thinking of these:

Audi A3 Sportback 2011 car pictures1

Which close up look like this:

Images

The second ones are the ones your man has 'upgraded' to. Simples.

Edited to add, no idea if they'll fit your car or not.

Reactions: Darylaas
There's sooooo many variants if lights and bumpers etc! It does my head in lol.. We need a proper guide for lights to bumpers and bumpers to cars etc lol

And thanks mate this is what I've got

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 160
The lights on the A3 run along the lines of the wings,bumper and bonnet.So if you wanted to fit 8P3(2008-2012) lights on your 8P2 then you would have to change the bumper,wings and bonnet to 8P3 ones as the lights have a slightly different shape housing as you can see.

Reactions: wuta3
Actually, isn't the car pictured in the OP an 8P3 (I am assuming that's the poster's car)? I dunno, to me, the angle that the bonnet comes down over the top of the lights seems sharper, which is how I see the difference between the 8P2 and 8P3...

Actually, isn't the car pictured in the OP an 8P3 (I am assuming that's the poster's car)? I dunno, to me, the angle that the bonnet comes down over the top of the lights seems sharper, which is how I see the difference between the 8P2 and 8P3...

No, that's the car with the headlights he wants to fit to his car. Look further down at his 8P2 with the bonnet open. He definately would need to facelift his 8P2 to make the headlights fit (bonnet, wings and bumper etc)

Reactions: Stormtec