Door Unlocking Problem

adzpz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just picked up a 2005 Audi A3 TDi 140 SE Sportback with DSG but I have a couple of problems which I wonder if you can help me with:
  1. The drivers door doesn't unlock with the remote and sometimes only the rear doors unlock. This means I have to climb in the car and manually open the door using the internal door handle. Weirdly the drivers door never unlocks but the other 3 doors vary on which which ones unlock.
  2. The car makes a rattle noise when on boost between 1.5-2k rpm.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated as I really love the car other than these niggles.

Hi Guys,

I have just picked up a 2005 Audi A3 TDi 140 SE Sportback with DSG but I have a couple of problems which I wonder if you can help me with:
  1. The drivers door doesn't unlock with the remote and sometimes only the rear doors unlock. This means I have to climb in the car and manually open the door using the internal door handle. Weirdly the drivers door never unlocks but the other 3 doors vary on which which ones unlock.
  2. The car makes a rattle noise when on boost between 1.5-2k rpm.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated as I really love the car other than these niggles.

Hi mate.Had the same problem with drivers door on my 2009 A3 TDI 170 BE
Went into Audi under warranty and they replaced broken wire in door panel.
Hope this could be a help to you.

Won't the driver's door open with the key? Easier than climbing across!
Unfortunatly not, it's like the unlock part of the central locking is dead for the drivers door. Weirdly it locks fine with the remote??
Any idea where the wire was located that Audi repaired?

Last edited:
Took it to my local garage and they removed the lock and it appears that the grease used in the door lock motors has hardened with age preventing them working correctly. They clean the motor up and lubed with a lighter oil and it appears to be working perfectly now :)