S3 Heated Seats

gilberto

Reaction score
Evening all,

I had my heated seats on today at the highest setting and i was a bit dissapointed with the heat produced, it was warm but i'd say colder than the lowest setting on my Z4M seats, should the seats be warmer on the hottest setting? Perhaps something isn't working properly?

Cheers

Mine don't seem to be as "hot" as my TT was on the high setting (TT had 3 positions, S3 has 6!!!), but hey, they do the trick.

I cnt have mine on 6 for too long burns my bum lol there roasting :)

Reactions: batch
Had mine on 4 this morning and had to turn it down to 3 as it was too hot.

My s3 seat heaters take a while and are not very hot. Had them on max over most of the winter. May need to check the passenger side to see if anything is up with the drivers side

Silly questions chaps - How difficult is it to get non-heated seats converted to heated? Do I have to change the whole seat?

do you realise that the hotter settings can fry your testicles and reduce your ability to produce viable sperm?
Evening all,

I had my heated seats on today at the highest setting and i was a bit dissapointed with the heat produced, it was warm but i'd say colder than the lowest setting on my Z4M seats, should the seats be warmer on the hottest setting? Perhaps something isn't working properly?

Cheers

so on prefacelift (2004-2008) the heated seats burn hotter than the facelift cars (2008-2012), not sure why they changed it like that but its how it is.
as for retrofitting it the easiest way is to get seats that already have the heated elements in them, otherwise you would need to strip down the seats and install the heated pads which are hard to come by and expensive

I have S3 heated seats retro-fitted into my 58 plate. Even at level '6' they don't get too hot. If I remember correctly, when Ash had VCDS plugged in, they rose to just over 30 degrees, which when shielded by leather, aren't that hot. Still very nice on those cold wintery mornings though. A very worthwhile mod.

As Ash says (he helped me do mine) retro fitting heated seats is the cheapest option. it's actually cheaper than you think. If you already have leather, they will sell for a decent price to offset the cost of the replacements with heating elements. I swapped my half leather S Lines for heated full leather S3 seats and after I'd sold my old ones, I'd only spent £50 swapping them out. I fitted them myself as it's very easy.

Bear in mind you will also need a new climate control with heating controls and a wiring loom, oh and someone to do the wiring unless you're confident yourself. I can certainly recommend Ash as he did a top job wiring up mine.

I sourced the climate unit from the same S3 the donor seats came from and sold my old unit for the same price. Free upgrade :)

The Kufatec wiring loom is a bit pricey for just a few bits of wire and plugs, but worth it for that nice "I've just wet myself" warm feeling that only heated seats, or actually ******* yourself can provide.

Fitting heated seats also cured a whining noise I was experiencing. Basically my missus complaining that my leather seats were too cold :blahblah1:

Reactions: Ash187
Does anyone find it's just the bottom part of the seat that heat up and not the backrest?

I can put my dial on anything from 1-6 and my **** is still cold!
I have the dials but no heating elements in the seats!
Cheers Audi!

On mine 6 is good for five minutes to get warmed up.
Then down to 3 it's just right. Any less than 3 is pointless IMO.

Mine is a 2007 57 model :)

Mine don't seem to be as "hot" as my TT was on the high setting (TT had 3 positions, S3 has 6!!!), but hey, they do the trick.

If it is a MK1 TT, those seats induced a good ball sweat after 2 seconds at highest setting! lol