Do you have a bkd engine?

Ade6

Reaction score
Does your car make a subtle cricket sound with the windows down and the radio off when driving down the road? Sounds like its coming from the turbo aria?

Yes it sounds like a verry faint cricket noise when driving with the window open and the radio off you can just hear it! More so when passing cars or buildings. Of if you rev the engine a little and let the throttle off you can here like a kinda rattley noise! Abit like a pully bearing noise!

Nope. But I hear a hissing noise which turned to be a split hose between the turbo and intercooler.

Yes it sounds like a verry faint cricket noise when driving with the window open and the radio off you can just hear it! More so when passing cars or buildings. Of if you rev the engine a little and let the throttle off you can here like a kinda rattley noise! Abit like a pully bearing noise!

might just be along the lines of that, probably an alternator belt or something?!

Sounds like that but its the same when the aux belt is off! So that eliminates any chance of those. It could be the sound of air escaping somewere maybe? It goes away when i pull the pipe off the actuator and rev it.

I get your rattle noise on release of throttle as it comes back down to around 1k-1.2k rpm I suspect it's my DMF

Yes I used to get this as well, I had it for quite a while but ignored it. After a waterpump and cambelt change, it just went away. Don't know what they messed around with in there, but free fix :happy:

It sounds like its coming from the rear by the turbo and goes when the actuator pipe is pulled off. Its had a waterpump and cambelt too! But still the same noise.