Broken coil spring - advice

immo

Stop me
Reaction score
One of my rear coil springs has broken, I'm seeing this as an opportunity to go lower...First of all does anyone know the kind of price for a single genuine spring and secondly what lowering springs are recommended and can anyone link me to a price for them?Thanks

Yeah thanks just wondering what other people have bought/recommend.

I bought an FK Street coilovers kit that goes to -100mm from eBay cost about £200 and never had any problems.
The ride isn't too stiff either

Sorry forgot to say I don't want coilovers. Lowering springs only, so there's an H&R 45-50mm set anyone used this?

Ah that's fair enough mate

never had just springs so not familiar with them sorry

Sorry forgot to say I don't want coilovers. Lowering springs only, so there's an H&R 45-50mm set anyone used this?

I bought my H&R 45-50mm springs from Eurocarparts and i'm happy with the drop, however most people aren't happy with them because they want the drop of coilovers in a spring and are disappointed afterwards however if like me you've experienced coilovers and found it hard to live with I'd recommend the H&R's.

If you choose to replace the broken spring, don't forget to replace the other side as well, will offset the rear of your car until the new spring settles in height.