S3 on 4x Space savers

garythedrummer

Reaction score
Hi folks, I recentley watched one of Chris Harris's videos "link provided below" and it had got me thinking, how might an Audi S3 handle on 4 space savers.

The idea is that the reduced contact area of the spacesaver tyres equates to a proportionaly more powerful car. I beleive the increased slip of the front tyres would also encourage the haldex system to shift more of the torque to the rear of the vehicle.

Do you guys think this will be safe on the S3?
Has anyone tried this before or have any experience driving an S3 on thinner than standard wheels?

The Mercedes C63 AMG Experiment - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - YouTube

A standard spacer saver wheel won't fit. The brakes are too big on the front. :) But I understand the concept, just have to pinch a bigger version from another car.

Sounds interesting....I'm sure the hedge will become far to close coming out of a corner...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a crazy idea for the S3. But would be great fun trying it out :)

Gary, you'd never get them on over your R8 brakes, lol. :laugh: Paula :wub: xx

Yeah would need spacers to fit.

Would be something fun to try at next audi meet as to avoid having to purchase the extra space savers.

Reactions: Paullie
I beleive the increased slip of the front tyres would also encourage the haldex system to shift more of the torque to the rear of the vehicle.

You don't need spacesavers to experience this, just try a set of pish poor budgets. My car had a set fitted when I bought it and for a couple of weeks I could have sworn I was driving a beemer lol.