Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

Audi Maintenance Scheme.

Just a word of warning for you guys on this scheme like myself.

Got a 6 inch screw in my rear nearside tyre last week. In the tread and straight out the side wall [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Both rear tyres were at 3mm. National tyres are the only 'Audi approved' supplier of replacement tyres. So I went into my local place and 'asked' them nicely if they could replace them. They measured them at 2mm and got authorisation and replaced them free of charge [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

However, they replaced them with conti sports and NOT conti sport 2's as per fronts. I queried this with Audi and their policy is to fit Conti's no matter what make was on originally. So if you have michelins, they will still fit conti's.

The only exception is if you have Quattro, in which case they will stick with original make.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Audi Maintenance Scheme.

Yup,same with full maintenance on my A4.
    They basically fitted whatever the maintenance people said when they phoned for authorisation.
    All four wheels ended up with different tyres,even though they were the same maker-pairings at each end;

(front two different Michelins)
    (rear two different Pirellis)

Put me clean off full maintenance on the A3.I like to change tyres when I decide they're bald,and I like to decide what I'm fitting.

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

Re: Audi Maintenance Scheme.

Agree bowfer, which is my point for the warning to others, however in my instance it saved me big bucks as they were NOT below 3mm. The new conti's felt like they had far less grip initially, despite the pressures being lower. Ever since though the grip has come back, so have put it down to the 'release' compound on the new tyres.