** NEW RELEASE - ECS Tuning Stage 5 for A3/Golf MkV**

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Ok Guys,

Finally there is a proper serious brake upgrade available for the A3! The ECS kit uses a Porsche Cayenne 6 piston caliper, mounted DIRECT to the wheel hub, therefore removing the need for aluminium brackets, and fitting over a massive 352mm 2-piece disc. The discs are available in slotted and drilled, or just slotted. The kit contains everything you will need for the installation including high grade brake fluid!

The kit price will be £1450+vat, which is still cheaper than alot of other manufacturers kits which use the 993T caliper! This kit really is fantastic and you will NOT be outbraked! Calipers are available in Red, Black, Yellow, Blue and Silver.

S4BeautyAngle=341x581.jpg
S4Brian2-225x155.jpg
Stage4Rotors-250x188.jpg
CayennePads-250x188.jpg
CayenneCalipers-250x188.jpg

Email richard@jbrperformance.co.uk for more details!

Rich

seem a bit excessive to me. Unless you have 20" rubber as well

ok, excuse my ignorance, but i've never really understood this big brake theory. Surely if your brakes are good enough to get to the point where they will skid then what will fitting bigger brakes do?

I agree that if they're grooved/drilled then the coolings better so you'll delay fade but is that it?

Still, what do i know....

Must... keep... credit... card ... in... pocket nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

When my A3 was running standard 288mm discs and single pistons, i could get the ABS to kick in. Once i fitted the porkers, I can brake much harder for much longer and still, the ABS does not kick in... I think the fact that its applying even force to each side of the disc has a dramatic effect. The thing with these brakes though, they dont fade!! We've had a customer with an R32 TRY and get them t fade on track, and he just couldnt do it! They really are excellent!

Rich

I consider myself quite a late braker and,as Japper will testify,we have some seriously fast and twisty roads up here.
Brake fade is something I haven't suffered for years and years,in any car.
I can't comment about track use as I have a bike for that.

I reckon a fair proportion of people who buy this sort of stuff,for road use anyway,only really want the pose/barstool value they provide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not that the person selling them cares like ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

plus pistons are on both sides unlike stock sliding carrier so the braking force on the disc is much more even, i find the sliding carriers locked up very easily, the porsche brakes i have, can slow the car down much better with even force so they can take advantage of the extra braking force from the bigger discs pads and more pistons, quality counts oh yes!

[ QUOTE ]
I reckon a fair proportion of people who buy this sort of stuff,for road use anyway,only really want the pose/barstool value they provide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably guilty as charged, but you gotta admit they look the mutts...

However, I do experience some fade, probably not enough to justify £1700 worth of upgrade, but it is definitely noticeable during a hard drive. Wonder if the missus would notice the hole in the bank account...

Can't fade be cured to some extent by better cooling/improved pads?

not that i've experienced it since a slightly modded mkII Cavalier! that was scary

Yep i believe they are Cayenne Turbo calipers.

Fade can be helped with better cooling, but the main problem is the w@nky sliding caliper design. It put uneven pressure on each side of the disc which results in hot spots. The inside pad will alwyas wear down much quicker than the outside, and its applying more pressure to the disc. Now the twin piston design is better, but only mildly!!

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
ok, excuse my ignorance, but i've never really understood this big brake theory. Surely if your brakes are good enough to get to the point where they will skid then what will fitting bigger brakes do?

I agree that if they're grooved/drilled then the coolings better so you'll delay fade but is that it?

Still, what do i know....

[/ QUOTE ]

These kind of brakes actually serve to be able to apply the maximum possible braking with a much greater degree of control than the conventional caliper arrangements.

Remember that maximum braking efficiency is achieved at the point immediately before the wheel becomes stationary (skid).

Rich,

Have they got any plans for Stage 1 or 2 front ends for the new A3? for us without such capacious wallets???...

Im sure there will be eventually.... We helped with the development of this kit, thats why its out already!

[ QUOTE ]
Must... keep... credit... card ... in... pocket nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on, you know you want to use her.....

swipe!

Ahhhh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif