EBC TURBO GROOVE

ramp1990

Reaction score
Hi well ive been searching past view days on reviews for the disk, found plenty of old ones but nothing recent, so im loooking for personal experience not a friend of a friends brother said they were rubbish lol. There bit more then OEM but there zinc coated look big special and if there abit better and dont melt im happy :) thanks

Hi well ive been searching past view days on reviews for the disk, found plenty of old ones but nothing recent, so im loooking for personal experience not a friend of a friends brother said they were rubbish lol. There bit more then OEM but there zinc coated look big special and if there abit better and dont melt im happy :) thanks

Are you asking about these ones
Untitled

Save your money & buy some decent pads. Grooves, dimples, drilled holes are all pretty much a gimmick on a road car.

I wouldn't say they were a gimmick. People just need to use a setup appropriate to their needs. People run grooves etc on normal road driving and expect to have magically transformed their brakes into 8 pots. Grooves are designed to dissipate heat better and clean the pad face, drilled and dimpled just help heat dissipation.
People also tend to get a upgraded pad which 9/10 times are designed to work at higher temperature than OE pads. So you can buy uprated pads and discs then find under light driving they're no better to use.

You need to find a setup applicable to your car. I had EBC turbo grooves and Tarox Strada pads on my last car. Against OE they were arguably a bit worse cold. However one sharp brake and some temperature in them they were another setup. The grooves helped on track days to stop the pads glazing by dissipating heat and cleaning the pads.

Reactions: Ioan Furdui
Likewise,I wouldn't say they're a gimmick,and have used cross drilled or grooved discs on a number of road cars,but only as part of a fully upgraded brake system,and I think that uprating only one area of a system will result in limited gains.

I'm from the school that says wait and save to uprate the entire brake system and get much better results.

EBC Turbo Grooved Front Brake Discs AUDI S3

these ones??

i dont mind the stopping power of the standard brakes there warped so looking to replace them, my brakes get quiet hot down country roads and would want something that doesnt fade. There not much more then standard disks so if these can take the heat. Will be doing a fluid change at the same time, and full service. I dont fancy spending 2k on a big brake setup not because i dont think its worth it, just because i dont want to spend 2k on a already big list of mods lol

In reality Alex you probably put the point across better than I have after a few bevvies, however the point remains that on a road car with no other brake mods there'll be very limited if any differences in braking capabilities (hence me saying its a gimmick). For the money being spent on a set of 'performance' discs the money would be better spent on some decent pads & stainless steel brake lines.

these ones??

i dont mind the stopping power of the standard brakes there warped so looking to replace them, my brakes get quiet hot down country roads and would want something that doesnt fade. There not much more then standard disks so if these can take the heat. Will be doing a fluid change at the same time, and full service. I dont fancy spending 2k on a big brake setup not because i dont think its worth it, just because i dont want to spend 2k on a already big list of mods lol

Fair enough.

If the current set is warped,then there's little to lose by trying an aftermarket set of discs.

these ones??

The disc in the picture are EBC new compound high carbon steel (which I have ordered) and are the next grade up from the turbo ones.I got the ulitmax ones at the moment with the green stuff pads which I had on for nearly 2 years and and along with the stainless steel brake lines I'm ready to fit have made a difference just need to warm them up first to get the best out of them plus I,ve just remaped my car so I,ll stick with the EBC.

Reactions: ramp1990
The disc in the picture are EBC new compound high carbon steel (which I have ordered) and are the next grade up from the turbo ones.I got the ulitmax ones at the moment with the green stuff pads which I had on for nearly 2 years and and along with the stainless steel brake lines I'm ready to fit have made a difference just need to warm them up first to get the best out of them plus I,ve just remaped my car so I,ll stick with the EBC.

Thats all i needed to see. I'll be ordering my disks this week after pay day. And i'll be reviewing them after a few weeks living with the disks setup.

I have the EBC Ultimax discs and yellowstuff pads. Not a massive amount of love for EBC around here, most people seem to have a friend of a friend who knows someone down the pub who's brother's father's sister's boy has a set of EBC brakes explode on them :wtf:
To be honest I'm quite happy with them and wrote a user review a while back to that effect

Reactions: SPARTAN91
I have the EBC Ultimax discs and yellowstuff pads. Not a massive amount of love for EBC around here, most people seem to have a friend of a friend who knows someone down the pub who's brother's father's sister's boy has a set of EBC brakes explode on them :wtf:
To be honest I'm quite happy with them and wrote a user review a while back to that effect

Aliens ate my brake calipers....

Seriously,my only beef around EBC is their pads,which were underwhelming at best,but like everything else,brakes and how they feel are a very personal thing,and many people are happy with these.

Disks and pads should be here today/tomorrow any thing else worth changing while im doing the disks? fluid change / brake lines? cheers

Well they came just need few more parts and fluid thennn fitting :)