RNSE 193 LED MK2 - Retrofit Guide - With Pics :)

a6_chris

Reaction score
.. photobucket died, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimpa10
Nice write up. Plenty of info so spot on there.
Wish I had the bottle to just buy RNS-E.. Haha I'll defo use this guide if I get round to it.

Reactions: a6_chris
Nice one!

I really want one but they seem to come with a broken window on BOGOF.

Reactions: a6_chris
Just a bit of feedback about ur gps antenna installation. I'm pretty sure ur position is ok but just incase anyone has any problems or decides to try somewhere else, you will get bad signal if you mount the gps antenna under anything metal, main thing being the big beam that runs behind the dash. It really restricts signal, it's as good as putting the receiver inside a tin can. It's always best to have the magnetic part facing down too, some receivers only work one particular way up, others work any way up.

Last edited:
I routed my antenna where my interior light is as I assumed the higher up the better? Not sure how I check for satellites but had not trouble so far, and I just let the magnet stick to the roof.

Great write up - i'm still paranoid about it being stolen so may wait until I change the car in the future to an S3 8V which has a retractable screen. If I ever decide to take the plunge, then will follow this guide.

Great write up - do you have Bose fitted as I don't see any mention of the brown Bose wire needing to be relocated on the quadlock?

Hi looks excellent!! Thanks just used this one for my installation

Do you have any like this guide on how to add SDS. not the flash of the RNS-e but the wirring of the RNS-e, bluetooth box, microphone. can you buy some finished wirring or can you make this your self. is there any coding afterwards..

Br
JILM

Reactions: AudiA3JJ
I too would be interested in a guide for the SDS. I have been told for mine its just adding two wires as i already have the mic with my bluetooth, and then coding.

If I'm just swapping the old style sat nav for the new colour one will I just need to plug and play or still mess about removing glove box etc... Thanks

Is there a way to run the aux in and the ami unit? I've plugged all mine in but my aux does not work now.

Hi, Ive just ordered a RNS-E to replace my standard concert fitted in my A3 2011 black edition, i plan on fitting myself as is does look fairly straight forward.... Just wondering about the coding vcds part.... Can i just buy the cable and plug into a laptop and do it from there or will i need more than this ie: software or anything.... Im unsure
Many thanks
Rob

I don't understand what the coding is for? Ive just fitted my MK2 RNSE and its perfect, functions 100%.

Thats interesting jackx1 mine will hopefully arrive this week so will be fitting myself.... What model car did you fit yours into then?

Mine is a 2007, was literally plug and play. I put the GPS just above the unit and it picks up 6-7 satellites.

all depends on what options are previously coded to your car beforehand. your sat nav may work, but you may still need to tell the car that you have it so that the directions in the DIS are displayed etc etc. NHN is your man.

any chance you can re-up the info for adding the sds wiring mate? i bought a kufatec with sds but it doesnt work