Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: OEM Bluetooth Kit RETROFIT GUIDE - With Pics :)

6th Gear

Status

OEM Bluetooth Kit RETROFIT GUIDE - With Pics :)

Had this but never posted it up.

Hopefully it helps a few.

Anything that should be changed please let me know.

I know there are a few on here but the more the merrier

I installed this before I fitted RNSE to the car.

Excuse the dirty dash and dials and the greasy looking radio - they're not usually that bad!!!!

I have fitted this to a MY2009 with a double DIN Concert Headunit with DIS and MFSW.

What You Need

- Audi Bluetooth Module - P/N - 8P0 862 335 (with suffix A -> AA) or 8P1 862 335 (A) Note - stay away from the A, D, E, B, G, J, L, K, R, T, P, AB, and 336 modules as these are for North America, some have little functionality and the K module has faulty firmware.

- Audi Bluetooth Mic - P/N - 8L1 862 373 A or 8J0 862 373 B for cars with BOSE

- Plug 'n' play wiring loom - Audi Bluetooth SDS Wiring A3 A4 â–º RNS-E Concert 8P1862335 8P0862335 8T0862335 | eBay

- Double DIN Chorus, Concert or Symphony Head-unit

- MFSW & DIS (Not really required but makes things easier)

- Flat & Star headed screwdriver

- Chorus/Concert/Symphony/RNS-E Stereo removal keys

- 8mm socket

- Some cloths to protect various trim pieces

- VCDS / VAGCOM

This guide also applies to the RNS-E - only a coding change is needed for that. Installation is the exact same as are the parts needed.

Difficulty - 6/10 but once you do it once it's simple to re-do
    Time Needed - 60-120 mins

Keep all your bolts in a safe place. I used the central armrest for handiness

VCDS Coding

Step 1
    - Before we install the hardware we will change the VCDS settings first so you can test the setup before making the final install.

- Go into Can Gateway (19)

- Coding (07)

- Have a look through the options and look for 77 - Telephone

- Tick this and close

Step 2

- Go into Radio (56)

- Coding (07)

- +4 to the second digit in the original code - EXAMPLE - Original Code - 0310211 ..... New Code - 0710211

- Accept code and press Do It

- Close and go back to main screen

Step 3

- Go into Steering Wheel (16)

- Coding (07)

- Change the 4th digit from the left to 4 - (with Radio/Telephone/Voice Control)

- Accept and close

Step 4

- Go into Telephone (77)

- This coding suits my car, you can modify the code to suit your car from the pop up balloon

- Coding (07)

- The following coding in bold applies to cars with non-rnse and an english A3 - non bold numbers suit your car and can be changed using the pop up balloon - The A3 8P uses CAN for reference

- Accept and close VCDS and switch off your Ignition

Trim Removal

Place a cloth on your gearstick to set the radio on - insert your stereo removal keys into the radio/RNSE and disconnect all wiring at the back - For handiness I put everything removed into the boot

Glovebox Removal

- Remove the end panel on the end of the dashboard on the passenger side - this pops off (place in boot for safe keeping)

- Now get your 8mm socket and remove the bolt shown below

- Now open your glovebox and you will see the 8mm bolts you need to remove to allow the glovebox to be free'd.

- Don't fully remove the bolts until the lower bolts have been removed fully - see below for location

- Now once those have been removed you can remove the rest of the inner glovebox bolts - the glovebox will now drop but support it incase it's damaged.

- Remove the cable(s) going into the glovebox - don't turn the ignition on until these are reconnected as it will cause an AirBag warning light to appear which will need cleared.

- We have now removed the glovebox successfully

Lower Steering Wheel Trim Removal

- You will now remove the lower steering wheel trim to install the bluetooth module

- Pop the end panel of the dash off on the drivers side using the flat headed screwdriver - keep in your safe place

- Now remove the bolt shown in the picture below using your 8mm socket

- Now that that's removed, look into your drivers footwell and find the bolts shown below and undo these - again x2 8mm one on either side

- Now that the bolts have bveen removed, grab the bottom of the panel and pull out until its hanging - this next bit requires an extra bit of force but don't worry.

- You will see where the panel is attached to the upper dash - see pic below

- Pull the trim towards you from the bottom and the trim will clip out from the holes - you don't need to disconnect anything as there is enough slack on the cables to set the trim on the floor

- Trim removal done

Bluetooth Module Install

- Testing - we will now test the bluetooth setup

- Get your plug 'n' play loom and connect the quadlock connectors to the cars wiring loom and the other into the radio

- Put the black connector into the bluetooth module and connect the bluetooth antenna

- You can also connect your MIC at this stage for testing.

- Turn your ignition on and your radio should switch on as usual

- Now go back into VCDS and go to (77) Telephone

- Go to Adaption (10)

- Type in channel 00 and press SAVE

- This will reset the bluetooth module to factory for handiness for this guide

- Now grab your bluetooth enabled phone and search for devices - a new device called (or similar) AUDI UHV xxxx

- Use passcode 1234 and the system should connect

- Wait 30 seconds and now press MODE on your steering wheel, your contact names should now appear in the upper section of your DIS - you can scroll through these using the left scroll wheel on your steering wheel

- To ring a contact, press the left scroll wheel and the phone should now ring the contact - you can adjust the volume as usual

- To answer an incoming call just press the left scroll wheel and the call will accept.

- Testing done

Module Fitment

- Now with the lower trim removed you should be left with something like this - i disconnected the headlight switch but left the obd port in place.

- Now get the black connector with the white clip and feed it behind the radio and into the steering area with some slack

- Now connect this to your Bluetooth module as shown below

- Now test fit your module buy getting hold of the module by the bottom and feed it up towards the rev counter side in the void - There is sufficient room to place the module here.

- Easy way to do this is put the BT antenna end up first into the void as below

- Let go and leave the module dangling for now - it's safe to do this.

- This next step is a bit fiddly so requires some multitasking.

- Re attach your lower steering trim by the clips at the top, now while reattaching the bottom bolts you need to push the BT module up with your left hand so the trim can be pushed in place. Its easier than it sounds and there is enough gap to get your hand in as shown below. Steering wheel trim is reattached in the below pic and the access point is near the steering wheel adjuster.

Refit all bolts and attach the end dash panel and this step is done.

Mic Fitment

- Grab the end of the long black wire you got with your Plug 'n' play loom and feed it through the radio void, through the hole and across to where the glovebox would be and feed it towards the A-pillar trim.

- Now grab your flat head screw driver and prise the A pillar trim off - its held in with clips but the whole trim doesn't need to be removed.

- Now pull all the excess from the radio and feed the cable in behind the trim - try not and touch the pillar airbag.

- When you have reached the top leave it hanging and move over to the central light.

- I tucked the cable in behind the outer fabric rubber to hide it coming from the glovebox to the pillar.

Time to remove the light

- Using your flat head screw driver, pop off the light cover as shown below

- Cover removed

- Now to remove the other bit of surround

- Pull the surround in the left hand corner as shown and it will be removed

- With the cover removed, look up into the roof and you will see to star headed screws either side of the circular void (electric sunroof control if fitted). Remove these.

- With the screws removed you can now pull out the complete unit. It will dangle by the factory cable, this is fine to do.

- I popped the cover back on for handiness

MIC Fitment #2

- With that removed, move back over to the A - Pillar trim and grab the black cable which you fed up.

- Now tuck the cable up the A-Pillar and under the front of the headlining where it meets the windscreen. There is enough slack in the headlining to pull it down and feed the cable in it, do this until you have reached the centre light area and feed it into the middle from the back - again, there is enough slack to allow this.

To be honest, it sounds worse than it actually is, but its obvious what you need to do.

- I was stumped by this next bit, but kicked myself when I realised the obvious thing I missed.

- Get your overhead light and flip it over, remove the bulbs and un clip all the cabling.

- Now get hold of the black tabs (shown below) and peel the whole thing back like a can. It will make some funny noises but be assured its fine. The tabs will pull the trim off.

- Now get your MIC that you purchased and clip it into the outer trim and into the middle slot. Its made for the MIC so only fits in one place

- Now get your MIC cable and feed it through the hole on the black trim you removed, and connect the MIC up to it - it clips in.

*Please note - you need to remove the black trim or else there won't be room to connect the mic - I spent 45 minutes trying to figure why it wasn't fitting*

- The MIC is now fitted.

- Attach everything together again

- Black trim to the outer light
    - Bulbs back in
    - Place the holder into the roof - the large horizontal grille end first
    - Screw the holder into the roof
    - Attach the outer trim
    - Attach the light cover
    - Test the lights
    - MIC fitted

Don't attach the A-Pillar trim or the glovebox yet, as you may need some slack in the mic cable to reach the quadlock in the radio compartment.

Once that is done all steps are completed and the retrofit is complete.

Any questions as always, please ask below and I'll try my best to answer.

Some misc images -

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    ​Thanks Chris, very comprehensive and well documented guide. x
    a6-chris likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    Thumbs up! Cracking write up pal!
    a6-chris likes this.
    A3 2006 S-Line Sportback - 2011 Facelift Rear Lights - RNSe - Cruise - Bluetooth - S5 Alloys - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror - Akoya Silver

Future Mods:
    - Facelift "Dumbo" Power Fold, Auto Dimming Wing Mirros
    - Bi Xenon Headlights
    - Rear S3 Valance

- Ish -

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks guys - much appreciated

Hopefully it helps someone out!

Crunching The Gears

Status
    Agin another nice write up.
    I thought blue would be easy but reading this looks a bit more complex.
    I always though the Bluetooth unit went under the passenger seat?
    Mods so far...
    LED Interior Lights, Front splitter, Cruise Control.
    Puddle/ Footwell Lights, LED number plate and side lights.
    75% Window Tints, MY11 Lights, Black Optics Grill.
    MFSW, Leather trimmed Grab Handles. CH/LH Lights
    JL Audio, DAB radio
    Vinyl wrap wing mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    It's not that hard when you ge started, I was scared at the start getting everything together but used the little common sense I have () I soon realised it wasn't that bad in reality.

The factory position is under the passenger seat but I didn't put it here because:
    1) The P&P loom I bought wasn't long enough and
    2) I didn't want to take even more bits out

Most of the information I gained off here so credit goes to the OP of the thread I got info from.

Neutral

Status
    Hi.
    Just wondering about your MIC PNs. I'm in the process of replacing my 8L2 862 373 A factory fitted mic with a 8L1 862 373 A. I have BOSE, and that's how it came from factory. Worked fine for 6 years. What is different about the PN you specify for BOSE? Nice guide.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by BoutTime; 11th May 2013 at 22:08.
    After 3 BMWs in over 13 years, I'm giving Audi a go.

Jay a

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jay A on Facebook
    do you have any images of the wires where they go into the plugs as i have bose and of the bluetooth loom i have a plug with 3 wires on and there is alredy a plug in the loom that goes into the headunit, do i add these into the orignal plug that is in think one is blue for can and others are k- and k not sure at moment tho. as well for accessing can gateway i am corect in thinking that you do have to register the rosstec software to be able to change code and access can gateway to access the settings

If there is anyone in staffordshire who fancys the job tho please get in touch

6th Gear

Status
    I used a plug and play loom which worked great and to stop any confusion when installing.

Audi Bluetooth SDS Wiring A3 A4 ► RNS-E Concert 8P1862335 8P0862335 8T0862335 | eBay

I can certainly take some pictures if it helps.

I was using a genuine cable for the install so can't comment on that statement, sorry.

5th Gear

Status
    Followed most of this guide although some of the coding wasn't the same for mine IE changing certain digits would change something random on mine lol,

I put my module in the glovebox where the cd changer should be until I have minute to throw it under the seat

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the feedback

I did state the coding could be different

Jay a

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jay A on Facebook
    yes please chris if you could take the odd photo of the loom where it goes into back of the stereo with the 2 little plugs and the wires which i have

green tel+
    black tel-
    and blue k diagnose which on a bit of paper that come from the ebay seller says :
    K- DIAGNOSE nr 5b use only audi A4, A6. on audi a3 ignore this cable and do not conect

thing is there is alredy a plug in for something else on the car, which is it safe to splice in?

Jay a

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jay A on Facebook
    I was talking to a guy who does diagnostics and auto electrics other day he said to me something about the wires can go straight in and it runs off the bose? he did seem sketchy is some things he was saying but sounds sort of right, am i right into thinking then that its posible to just splice into the plug? or if there is anyone in staffordshire who fancys the job :D

2nd Gear

Status
    very useful guide however the coding in step 4 is wrong the code should be 0001222 .... i used this guide and coding not the coding i was given as when i browsed over the instructions i thought they were the same but it seems A-6 chris has missed a digit this was why my mode button was not working and i couldn't scroll through the contacts... HTH others

Ad

1st Gear

Status
    nice guide.

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice guide but hasnt worked for me. anyone bored and want to help a fellow audi owner in distress pls read

trouble with bluetooth retrofit (tech advice needed)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_Adamski View Post
    very useful guide however the coding in step 4 is wrong the code should be 0001222 .... i used this guide and coding not the coding i was given as when i browsed over the instructions i thought they were the same but it seems A-6 chris has missed a digit this was why my mode button was not working and i couldn't scroll through the contacts... HTH others

Ad
    I can't edit my first post!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    I can't edit my first post!

Thanks fella. Unfortunately I gave that a go as well. No luck either

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry I'm a it confused over the part numbers for the modules.

If it's 8P0 862 335 ending in an A to Z it's ok?
    Or 8P1 862 335 A only that is also ok? Anything else steal clear?

Thanks
    Phil
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

5th Gear

Status
    Someone please help me.

I really want to do this over the coming weeks. but don't want to get the wrong bits.

Thanks
    Phil

2nd Gear

Status
    Phil why not just buy the kit from nhn On here...!? I bought a kit brand new off a supplier before I realised he did the kit cost me about 200 which is very reasonable I feel...

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks
    I thought he only fitted. Should have asked him ;-)

Phil

5th Gear

Status
    Anyone know the difference between the "light" version compared to the "High" version?

I have seen several unit for sale in Germany.

Thanks Phil

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_Adamski View Post
    Phil why not just buy the kit from nhn On here...!? I bought a kit brand new off a supplier before I realised he did the kit cost me about 200 which is very reasonable I feel...
    I have spoken to NHN and he only fits them now.

1st Gear

Status
    Hey guys, mite be a stupid question but i've got a 2008 8p s3, it's got some sort of hands free option on it. It's screwed onto the dash next to the standard audio unit. I just thought I'd ask before buying a £110 iphone 5 adaptor only to find it's not guna work lol. Any hell would be highly appreciated.
    Jack.

5th Gear

Status
    Put a photo up. Sounds like a phone cradle

5th Gear

Status
    Seen a complete kit for £200.
    Looks like that's going to be the best option

1st Gear

Status
    Dash mount this is what it looks like.

Thanks.
    Jack.

5th Gear

Status
    I think it's the base for a hands free cradle. But I'm new too so might be wrong.

I'm sure someone will come along and put us right ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Atleast I'm not alone then lol yeah hopefully someone will be able to tell me

1st Gear

Status
    I Have the same in my car, and it has the BOSE system too. Just took a quick pic:
    2013-11-08 13.21.25.jpg

Id like to get bluetooth working in my car - its a 2006 Sportback - would I need anything other than the bluetooth module?
    EDIT- Also the wiring loom & MIC ?
    Last edited by MattKeating; 8th November 2013 at 13:42.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKeating View Post
    I Have the same in my car, and it has the BOSE system too. Just took a quick pic:
    2013-11-08 13.21.25.jpg

Id like to get bluetooth working in my car - its a 2006 Sportback - would I need anything other than the bluetooth module?
    Mines the same as that, but I have the double din Bose system. I'd just like to know what the cradle does apart from hold the phone see if it's worth buying it

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-1 View Post
    Sorry I'm a it confused over the part numbers for the modules.

If it's 8P0 862 335 ending in an A to Z it's ok?
    Or 8P1 862 335 A only that is also ok? Anything else steal clear?

Thanks
    Phil
    What was the outcome of this? I'm also a bit confused.
    This would be ok ? ebay

5th Gear

Status
    Don't know I'm still waiting for a reply ;-(
    If I can get the module and cable it looks a quick fix

2nd Gear

Status
    If you've got a multifunction steering wheel it should just be a question of pairing to bluetooth - no need to use the cradle. Use phone through the DIS.
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

5th Gear

Status
    Well just been to Audi to enquire about what module wiring and Mic I need to retro fit this and was told "Audi don't support retro fitting parts. When it comes in for service it could be disconnected" he wouldn't even give me a price for the bits ;-(

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep Audi won't acknowledge that it can be done....
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_w View Post
    Yep Audi won't acknowledge that it can be done....
    I have read all the post regarding this, but still can't find the answer to some questions I have

What's the best module for my MY09 S Line, "light or High"?

Will a unit from an A4 fit?

Phil

5th Gear

Status
    At last I got around to fitting the wireing. Still need to sort the module as the I got got was wrong and not as advertised.

One thing I struggled with was the Mic install. After removing the trim around the interior light and placing it in the boot. I struggled to understand where the Mic fitted. It goes on the coloured trim piece that you remove first, when taking the interior light out

Here is a photo that might help someone else that's doing this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388927565.976474.jpg

Thanks
    Phil

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Phil did you have any look with the guy from fleebay and sending you the wrong module?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast