OEM Bluetooth Kit RETROFIT GUIDE - With Pics :)

Hi Andy

No I have e mailed him so just waiting for a reply. I have put the wiring in ready. The module cable is coiled up behind the glove box ready to take the seat out when I get the module.

Anyone know if I was to get the car coded with the Ver. D module then change it to a new version would it need to be coded again?

Thinking of putting the module in getting it coded then when I sort the correct module fit it.

Thanks

As long as the various other bits in the car are coded to expect bluetooth they don't care what version it is - but a newer bluetooth module will probably just slot in - but slight chance it's own coding might need checking.

Anyways fella - I live near Scarborough, work near Scotch corner so Harrogate kind of on the way so if you need any coding my VcDs is always available :)

I was sent a version D when I was told it was a version M.
What issues if any could I have if I was to put an older version in?

I don't want to wast any more money if I'm going to get limited functions

Will work mostly fine. Contacts will appear in the DIS but if you've got RNS-e no way to get contacts on there. Also, with it being so old, chances are you'll get issues with newer phones and versions of bluetooth etc etc that would more than likely be addressed at a firmware level on later modules...

In my humble opinion you want a 8P1 862 335 for future proofing - put one in our a4 avant a couple years back and been solid as a rock....

Phil

I have seen some 8P1 862 335 advertised but they don't have a version number or year of manufacture, how do you know your getting the right one?

EDIT: Just re-read this and noticed 8P1 not 8P0 will have a look again.

Last edited:
Yep that's normal for the 8P1 862 335. No letter suffix on the end is usually quoted by the sellers. I think the hardware is fixed from 2011 with no view to changing it any more. Or they are cutting back on ink costs on label printing :) Those extra letters mount up, you know!

Some logs from VCDS show:
My A3 (62 plate with factory bluetooth) - Software: 8P0 862 335 AA - Hardware: 8P1 862 335 S
My A4 (retrofitted bluetooth by me) - Software: 8P1 862 335 - Hardware: 8P1 862 335
Another A3 from work (62 plate with factory Bluetooth) - Software: 8P1 862 335 A - Hardware: 8P1 862 335

So you can see there's no real pattern to it but the differences will be subtle.

I bought mine from this guy - he's now actually listing the AA revision software:
Audi Bluetooth Module 8P1862335 - successor 8P0862335AA

I have the factory fitted 8P0 862 335 F version.
What would the benefits of upgrading be?

I would say if you have no issues with your current setup - leave well alone. Only if you have calling/connectivity issues with a recent phone would I consider then cost /messing implications. As far as I know, nobody in the real world can reflash older modules with newer firmware but I'm sure that's all that happens in the factory. I suspect very little, if any, hardware changes in recent years.

Reactions: MattKeating
Basically what I used but in one package.

all a bit confusing a6-chris.

I am concerned about the 335 (A) bit and what you said on the first part of your post. the website I linked to does not state if its the latest module and actually says 336 in the web address

I just don't want to get the wrong one and end up with a reduced functionality module.

Obviously when I wrote this guide back in early 2013 I was using information for the latest module(s) at that time.

That module will work, and is newer than mine.

I started off with a Fiscon, sold it for a profit (was quite buggy with my iPhone at the time) and fitted OEM and would recommend it to anybody.