Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54

    is my car overpriced?

    I've had my car advertised for a month or so now usual places trader, ebay so on

    and i'm not having any luck selling it, i think the price is fair?

    any thoughts on it?

    Audi A3 2.0 T FSI Quattro S Line Exclusive Edition 5dr 2007

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,100
    looks nice, iv been looking to buy a 2.0l for over a month now, but my budget is below 6k and they are normally 06 plate or below and have 90k miles, non s-line tho.
    Maybe 6995 would be a better price, but dont take my word, its your sale, it all depends if you are willing to wait for a sale or reduce it.
    It looks a very clean example and i would love to have it! lol

    JJ.

  4. #3
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,523

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    given you have not sold it, I have to say you've answered your own question.

    IMHO about 1k too much for a quick sale, or wait it out and hope

  5. #4
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,075
    I think it is over priced, given the milage, £6800-£7000 seems more like it. I paid less than you're advertising for when I got mine at 50k.

    I'll buy ure alloys if they are going tho
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    it is a clean car, it's been my pride and joy i've been offered 6750 for it so far which is not a bad price

    it's now gone on the bay so i'll wait and see what happens this week

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by wuta3 View Post
    I think it is over priced, given the milage, £6800-£7000 seems more like it. I paid less than you're advertising for when I got mine at 50k.

    I'll buy ure alloys if they are going tho
    alloys a re mint just been refurbed

    if it sells i will be selling my genuine ross tech vag com cable if anyone wants it?

  8. #7
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by indo247 View Post
    alloys a re mint just been refurbed

    if it sells i will be selling my genuine ross tech vag com cable if anyone wants it?
    Yea if it comes with the alloys.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

  9. #8
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    1,100
    bet you cant wait for the timewasters you get from ebay

    And how much you looking for the cable, because im looking to buy my new car on tues/wednesday and would love to play around with the vag stuff iv heard soo much about :D.

    EXCITED!

    JJ.

  10. #9
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    I was trying to sell my old A3 (pic in my sig) and didn't get a nibble until I put it up for £6490. In the end I got £6500 part ex.

    Its a year older than yours but only had 57k miles.

    I think yours is going to be trickier to sell because of the colour and the colour of your seats. Not everybody is going to want that colour scheme.

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ.Foulds View Post
    bet you cant wait for the timewasters you get from ebay

    And how much you looking for the cable, because im looking to buy my new car on tues/wednesday and would love to play around with the vag stuff iv heard soo much about :D.

    EXCITED!

    JJ.
    lol already had someone wanting to px a mondeo diesel pheeeew i'm after an A4 avant quattro s-line 2.0T or a merc 220 cdi estate amg sport

  12. #11
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    I was trying to sell my old A3 (pic in my sig) and didn't get a nibble until I put it up for £6490. In the end I got £6500 part ex.

    Its a year older than yours but only had 57k miles.

    I think yours is going to be trickier to sell because of the colour and the colour of your seats. Not everybody is going to want that colour scheme.
    i may end up doing a px i think, i like the colour scheme TBH i've had alot of comments about it being different

  13. #12
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by indo247 View Post
    i may end up doing a px i think, i like the colour scheme TBH i've had alot of comments about it being different
    If you negotiate well then sometimes it can work out better part ex'ing.

    The trade price of your car will be about £5500-£6000 I reckon, so you might be able to push up to £7k depending on condition and the car you are taking off of the dealer.

    I found independent dealers gave better part ex offers.

  14. #13
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    If you negotiate well then sometimes it can work out better part ex'ing.

    The trade price of your car will be about £5500-£6000 I reckon, so you might be able to push up to £7k depending on condition and the car you are taking off of the dealer.

    I found independent dealers gave better part ex offers.
    thanks for the info i am going to have a look round at the dealers, i do prefer to buy private though i like to see the previous owner
    it's hard to take a hit on your car when you know how much cash you've spent on it to get it the way you want it

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. this car is overpriced
    By jobiston in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th November 2004, 17:00
  2. someones twatted my car
    By danksy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18th January 2003, 22:29
  3. What kind of company car do you get?
    By worfke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 13th January 2003, 08:58
  4. My first car;
    By richyboy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10th January 2003, 15:52
  5. Wedding Car
    By Drystone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th January 2003, 08:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO