Pear Shaped

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
It's gone a little pear shaped on the delivery of my car today, as the dealer has not received the Cover Note /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif so off to Leicester in few minutes (now I have scrounged a lift) I'll post some pic's of 'A N Other' Black Sline A3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Well I have to agree with cosmicblue the ride in the SLine is hard, I have just read that his has softened up after 500miles a little so I hope mine will too. No squeaks are rattles and the seats are very nice with deep bolsters on the side to hold you in place. One thing that is really nice is the actual instrument panel illumination, love the white dials!

I do need to get a dog guard as ours is sticking its beak over the seats and dripping snot down the leather!

One thing I have noticed is that when playing a CD I noticed a back ground white noise that comes and goes and it noticeable when the track fades down to the next, anyone else?

Nice car, looks great, drives nice and getting better mpg at the moment from my Lexus. I’ll get some piccys up on week end.

[ QUOTE ]
Well I have to agree with cosmicblue the ride in the SLine is hard, I have just read that his has softened up after 500miles a little so I hope mine will too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a notion that the initial harshness (crikey it was HARD to start with), is caused by a combination of stiff suspension bushes and 'stiction' on the shock-absorber damer rods all combining to make the suspension seem even less compliant.

Steaming down the M40 this morning (the 2.0 Tdi is wicked quick as some guy in a yellow S3 will testify /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) the ride was a lot better than last Thursday night - still firm but 'liveable', so things have settled down - the handling is absolutely sublime though.

I'd say that the ride quality is comparable with my 2004 1.8t Cabrio Sport.

Another thing........ when I took the GTi out and the TDi and the 2.0T demo sports back they all had a noticable psssst when you let of after revving, I can't here a thing from my Turbo, is becauses is so new (150miles on the clock)?

D3fy,

Did everything go ok yesterday? Tuesday is Danny's day off so who did your handover?

The turbo noise will increase when its done a bit more work, there is a definite woosh on throttle lift off.

The Bose will probably be a bit weird for the first few weeks. Volume going up and down all over the place according to road noise. It soon sorts itself out (not sure how or why) and you'll enjoy it.

Any other questions fire away!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
D3fy,

Did everything go ok yesterday? Tuesday is Danny's day off so who did your handover?

The turbo noise will increase when its done a bit more work, there is a definite woosh on throttle lift off.

The Bose will probably be a bit weird for the first few weeks. Volume going up and down all over the place according to road noise. It soon sorts itself out (not sure how or why) and you'll enjoy it.

Any other questions fire away!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My A3/Bose/SatNav Plus set up seems not to have the GALA/DSP functions - can they be turned on?

You have the Bose with the DVD nav like me and it is always on with that setup and cannot be turned off.

[ QUOTE ]
You have the Bose with the DVD nav like me and it is always on with that setup and cannot be turned off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 2004 Cabrio had DVD Nav/Bose and it was an option in the 'Sound' menu and IIRC 5 levels of setting.

Not on the A3 it isn't (unless they've changed it for 2006 cars).

Picked it up on Monday Booster, thanks again by the way for putting me onto them.

Talk about hassle, not with Danny, but with my bank! As he is about to take the money from my switch card I think that the money is sat in the wrong account, so call them up spend 10 mins trying to find my account, they want me to go home to get my cheque book, find my account (at this stage my lift has gone home, so I'm on my own) Ok I would like to transfer XYZ from X to Y, Oh we can' t do that Sir, there is a 10k transfer limit per day!!!! Argh!!! No you I am sat in a car dealers 80miles from home with no car and you need to transfer my money, of she went back in another few mintues she can now transfer the money, great. Danny then puts the payment through and has call the centre for Auth, this takes them around 45 mins on a call and I am shitting it, as I think they will reject it and they start to ask me for inside leg measurment, blood type, name of the milkman.

After about two hours in the dealers I get to drive away!!

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

Few shots of the car from today, hard freaking work cleaing a black car! Just been and filled it up with Optimax, got a loyalty car pack while I was there as it looks like it will be my new best friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very nice D3fy!!!

How come you have an S-line badge on the front when your car is Quattro? I've never seen that before. Normally, the Quattros have a Quattro badge and not an S-line one.

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice D3fy!!!

How come you have an S-line badge on the front when your car is Quattro? I've never seen that before. Normally, the Quattros have a Quattro badge and not an S-line one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Quattro S-Line's have exactly that combination. S-Line badges on the front grill and sides plus Quattro on the back. Mines exactly the same.

Mine has a Quattro grill badge not S-line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif