Honest Opinions Please on Some of My Mods :)

zaf786

Reaction score
Hey guys just thought id share a few mods with you that iv done over the past couple months, wanting honest feedback, obviously everyone to their own but if youv got some ideas on what i could have done a little different or not at all then let me know

S3 Vents Added

LED Tail Lights Added

Chrome Pedals and Dead Pedal Added

Door Trim Carbon Wrapped

Since the remap my car was missing an engine cover so i tidied it up with the TTS cover, R8 Caps, Forge Chrome Covers and Carbon Coolant cover supplied by Paullie :)

Black Edition FK Meshed Grill Added

Also bought and fitted some aftermarket headlights similar to the new 2013 style with neon strip

HiD kit added to headlights and philips diamond vision on fogs

Side lights

Side lights and dipped headlights (Well Done Hid Kit)

And thats about it for now, go easy on me i know some will find a few of the mods revolting but just point me in the right direction,

thanks

Zaff

Reactions: DeeGee68 and Paullie
Interior mods are great and tasteful. Love the engine bay. Not personally huge fan of the front grill or headlights, but may change my mind if I saw in person.

Interior mods are great and tasteful. Love the engine bay. Not personally huge fan of the front grill or headlights, but may change my mind if I saw in person.

Thanks for the feedback mate appreciate it

Superb job on everything apart from the headlights (my opinion), maybe because its rare and haven't seen them on any A3 yet however interior and specially engine bay is awesome.

Superb job on everything apart from the headlights (my opinion), maybe because its rare and haven't seen them on any A3 yet however interior and specially engine bay is awesome.

Thanks for the comments Persian, yeah the headlights are pretty rare at the moment i wanted to take the risk and go for something different, they do look better in person though :)

Engine cover is a big improvement, will be getting a TTS cover when I do my intake. Did you get it from the dealer or second hand?

Amazing job on your mods mate, very subtle to which is a good touch.

I think the risk you took on the headlights have paid off its a really good touch for the front end.

Looks good, the front needs a sline bumper. How much were the lights? Plug and play?

Engine cover is a big improvement, will be getting a TTS cover when I do my intake. Did you get it from the dealer or second hand?
Thanks pal, I got it from BKS Tuning for $149.00 Audi TTS OEM engine cover + hardware - BKS-Tuning
Amazing job on your mods mate, very subtle to which is a good touch.

I think the risk you took on the headlights have paid off its a really good touch for the front end.
Thanks pal your the first so far to like them
Engine bay looks great
Cheers bud
Looks good, the front needs a sline bumper. How much were the lights? Plug and play?
Didn't think about the Sline bumper, were just going to put a Cupra splitter but may consider that, the lights were pretty expensive at £270 also had to transfer the electric motor from my original headlamp to these and yes they were simple plug and play

loving the front lights, were your original ones normal and these HIDs? did you get any faults after installation?

loving the front lights, were your original ones normal and these HIDs? did you get any faults after installation?

Thanks mate, my original headlamps were standard halogen, these are also halogen but iv put my own HiD kit into them. I had no faults after installation everything is working fine

Interior mods are nice, engine cover is cool. Not a huge fan of the FK, but the headlights look nicer than some I have seen. Like the standard headlights tho :)

Reactions: Tesh
I think it's coming on really well, but I'm not a fan of after market headlights. Oem for me. But great looking car

Thanks lads, hmm yh it makes me think twice about whether i shouldn't of gone for the meshed type fk grill but im kinda taking risks and trying different things, same with the headlights aswel... just seeing what works and what doesn't... thanks for the feedback :)

What the noise like from the intake? im looking at an intake choice between the revo or the igt??

Not feeling the headlights and grill

Like them all mate,love the black grill most of all.
Nice one:salute:

Reactions: DeeGee68
What the noise like from the intake? im looking at an intake choice between the revo or the igt??
Mate the sound is fantastic cant describe it with words but the 'wooosh' when accelerating can be clearly heard
Not feeling the headlights and grill
appreciate it mate
Like them all mate,love the black grill most of all.
Nice one:salute:
Thanks bud glad you like everything
You'll never please everyone, and not all mods suit all tastes, but it looks like you've done a good job to me ;)

Are these OEM? Did the dead pedal come with the set?
Everything apart from the dead pedal is OEM pal

Nice mods - nothing too dramatic, subtle but noticeable improvements all around. Can't say I'm overly keen on the DRLs, they're a little busy for my taste, but they're clean and look decent.

Nice mods - nothing too dramatic, subtle but noticeable improvements all around. Can't say I'm overly keen on the DRLs, they're a little busy for my taste, but they're clean and look decent.
Thanks for the comments mate, yh I share the same view about the DRLs I would much rather the leds at the bottom worked as indicators but ah well had them fitted for a week and iv grown to love them anyway :)

Love it Matey! You've done a lot of work there and it has all paid off. I like your new lights as well, they are just that bit different and I for one think they really work, making a lovely front end. Thanks for being such a great buyer too, when you bought the bits from me on Ebay. Your engine bay looks cracking! Well done :wub: xx

Last edited:
Looking good m8 (Y)
Thanks pal
Love it Matey! You've done a lot of work there and it has all paid off. I like your new lights as well, they are just that bit different and I for one think they really work, making a lovely front end. Thanks for being such a great buyer too, when you bought the bits from me on Ebay. Your engine bay looks cracking! Well done :wub: xx
Thank you Paullie appreciate it and haha your eBay listing was a god send so had to snap them up quick..cheers
Headlights are awful.
Appreciate the feedback bud

Reactions: Paullie
Like others have said I'm also not keen on the light or front grille - keep it oem IMO.

Aftermarket HID's are a pet hate of mine and they should be banned.

Reactions: danb986
All looks great, not a fan of the front grill/bumper

Wheres the carbon cover for the coolant bottle from? I think its the main let down in my engine bay.

Thanks

Liking the mods - think an S-line front bumper will finish it off!!

Wheres the carbon cover for the coolant bottle from? I think its the main let down in my engine bay.

Thanks

The carbon coolant tank shield is from Osir, Boydie and it can only be bought from the US. I totally agree with you Dude, the standard coolant tank is a let down in the engine bay department, lol. :wub: xx

Like others have said I'm also not keen on the light or front grille - keep it oem IMO.

Aftermarket HID's are a pet hate of mine and they should be banned.
Thanks for the feedback mate, in regards to the HiD's they are actually OEM valeo ballasts supplied by Well Done HiD, housed in projectors and properly aligned, as everyone is aware every other aftermarket kit will blow the wiper motor only thing I havnt got is the headlight washers but I will be looking into them soon :)
All looks great, not a fan of the front grill/bumper
Thanks mate the bumper has been pointed out a couple times so I may look into the S-line bumper now

Thanks

Thanks for the comments Boydie as Paullie mentioned its from a US company called OSIR luckily I snapped mine up a tad cheaper when Paullie listed hers :) BTW whats the key differences between my standard bumper and an Sline bumper is it just the splitter??
i recognize a couple of those mods... lol
the dead pedal and the carbon trims
Ash I've actually got your blog saved as a bookmark mate and yes the door trim idea was pinched from you so thanks bud, will be in contact with you soon for some advice on a single to double din conversion with the same pioneer unit you have fitted.

Mostly very tasteful mods, except... the washer bottle cap & the other chrome cover both look out of place, plus the noise inducing air filter looks boyish! The grill will always be seen as cheap - maybe get a black OE one when funds allow?

The headlights are a bold statement, but they look better than just about all other after-market efforts I've seen, and more modern than the standard for the year.

nice. :applaus:

Mostly very tasteful mods, except... the washer bottle cap & the other chrome cover both look out of place, plus the noise inducing air filter looks boyish! The grill will always be seen as cheap - maybe get a black OE one when funds allow?

The headlights are a bold statement, but they look better than just about all other after-market efforts I've seen, and more modern than the standard for the year.
nice. :applaus:
Thanks Artimus, this is the feedback iv been after.... what does and doesn't work and why, so I appreciate your comments mate, duly noted. As for the boyish airfilter well im 23 so i guess that explains my noise inducing addiction lol :)

Like ALL the exterior mods especially the lights, as from the comments above, would have something different from the crowd to stand out from the rest! I love the front grill and am looking to go black too as prefer the lack of chrome surround and the only chrome should be the rings (IMHO).

Unfortunately, I only have a A3 2008 1.6 petrol as an S Line was out of my price range and was looking to downsize from my Freelander. BUT love my AUDI so no complaints from me. Maybe upgrade to an S Line when I am a little more flush for cash.

David.

P.S. Where did you get the pedals as would love to get these as upgrades for my boring standard ones (if you don't mind?)