AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Honest Opinions Please on Some of My Mods :)

1st Gear

Status
    zaf, which headlights are those? I actually like the look of them.
    Could you give a link?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ricers in the rear view!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zaf786 View Post
    Thanks pal, I got it from BKS Tuning for $149.00 Audi TTS OEM engine cover + hardware - BKS-Tuning

Thanks pal your the first so far to like them

Cheers bud
    Didn't think about the Sline bumper, were just going to put a Cupra splitter but may consider that, the lights were pretty expensive at £270 also had to transfer the electric motor from my original headlamp to these and yes they were simple plug and play
    Seems expensive for the engine cover? I got mine from TPS for £65 + VAT?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKeating View Post
    zaf, which headlights are those? I actually like the look of them.
    Could you give a link?
    hi Matt, heres a set on ebay, though if you type in light tube inside a3 on google ul find a lot more details and links

Head lights Daylight Audi A3 Typ 8P/8PA Bj. 03-08 chrome, left + right set | eBay

The drl's will only come on when the sidelights have been switched on, they don't dim with indicators also I didn't experience any issues with the HiD just make sure you get an approved kit for the a3 so it doesn't blow your wiper motor

Quote Originally Posted by VAG_BADGER View Post
    Seems expensive for the engine cover? I got mine from TPS for £65 + VAT?
    £65 seriously, gosh looks like I got my pants pulled down

Top Gear

Status
    Zaf - good looking mods, subtly is key. I think that maybe getting the Leon Cupra R front splitter and painted in brilliant gloss black and lacquered would set the front off nicely with the BE grille that you have, as the BE grille looks a little out of place and I cant quite work out why.But other than that good mods - any more / update?
    White 2010 Audi A3 2.0TDI 140CR 3dr Black Edition
    Mods:S3 Pedals | Aluminium Foot Rest | Remap | AP Coilovers | Spacers | Whiteline RARB | DPF & EGR Delete | SLine 170 Rear Valance | Twin Tailpipes | S3 Brakes | USR Discs & Pads | LED Fog Lights | HEKO Wind Deflectors
    | Pressed Plates | Panel Filter
    To Do:Roof & Spoiler Wrapped | Ambient Lights | Custom Exhaust | RNSE
    Progress Thread:
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-s...ld-thread.html

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Honest personal opinon on modding a standard car with parts from a non standard car?

Totally pointless, the amount you spend on buying all the OE parts, the time and effort fitting them, then things not working/fitting and going wrong... You may aswell have just bought the car you wanted in the first place.

Doesnt make the car worth any more in the long run.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI_TIM View Post
    Zaf - good looking mods, subtly is key. I think that maybe getting the Leon Cupra R front splitter and painted in brilliant gloss black and lacquered would set the front off nicely with the BE grille that you have, as the BE grille looks a little out of place and I cant quite work out why.But other than that good mods - any more / update?
    Cheers Tim, that's exactly what im going for subtle but different mods, funny you should mention the cupra splitter as iv fitted one recently and have painted it gloss black aswel, im planning on spraying the grille black aswel as I think its looking rather flat, thanks for the feedback though

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-S3 View Post
    Honest personal opinon on modding a standard car with parts from a non standard car?

Totally pointless, the amount you spend on buying all the OE parts, the time and effort fitting them, then things not working/fitting and going wrong... You may aswell have just bought the car you wanted in the first place.

Doesnt make the car worth any more in the long run.
    Totally understandable Dave and it confuses me too when people do that, however im not trying to make my car look like an S3 or an S-Line, iv gone for an aftermarket meshed grille, aftermarket headlights, a leon cupra splitter etc to make my car differ from the rest, that being said though some items are just worth left or bought oem like the tail lights as they work and look best.
    As for fitting etc, I love spending my time and effort getting my hands dirty and problem solving, its my hobby so no complaints there

Top Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zaf786 View Post
    Cheers Tim, that's exactly what im going for subtle but different mods, funny you should mention the cupra splitter as iv fitted one recently and have painted it gloss black aswel, im planning on spraying the grille black aswel as I think its looking rather flat, thanks for the feedback though
    Have you got any pics? I only ask as I have a White A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition and was looking at putting on the LCR splitter and spraying it gloss black etc.. so would be interested in seeing some pics.
    White 2010 Audi A3 2.0TDI 140CR 3dr Black Edition
    Mods:S3 Pedals | Aluminium Foot Rest | Remap | AP Coilovers | Spacers | Whiteline RARB | DPF & EGR Delete | SLine 170 Rear Valance | Twin Tailpipes | S3 Brakes | USR Discs & Pads | LED Fog Lights | HEKO Wind Deflectors
    | Pressed Plates | Panel Filter
    To Do:Roof & Spoiler Wrapped | Ambient Lights | Custom Exhaust | RNSE
    Progress Thread:
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-s...ld-thread.html

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI_TIM View Post
    Have you got any pics? I only ask as I have a White A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition and was looking at putting on the LCR splitter and spraying it gloss black etc.. so would be interested in seeing some pics.
    Tim sorry for the late reply iv just recently put the bumper back on, been delayed with all the bad weather, iv sprayed the grille gloss black along with the fog grilles and splitter, think it's finished it off well, will have pics up soon as the weather brightens up

5th Gear

Status
    Hey mate, had a swatch and thought i'd throw my opinions in...

1st of all, all the work looks good, done a good job... As for mods, not a fan of that grill at all.. Defo sline bumper is the way to go...!

Pedals and vents surrounds.. Meh! Carbon wrap... Prefer the piano black! Looks stupid carbon imo, but i'm just not a fan of carbon wrap.... Headlights not a fan of aftermarkets at all, but somehow it works and like them, would never fit them personally myself... Dont want to piss on your bonfire mate, can appreciate the work thats went in...

however, on a slightly better note, that engine bay is a work of art! ... Only thing i'd change is they chromes tops to black! Too bling for me and sometimes less is more...

Just my personal opinions, but at the end of the day, as long as your happy thats all that matters!
    Last edited by S3_Jacko; 15th October 2013 at 00:45.
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the comments fella, iv recently tidied the front end up a little with a splitter and uplift in paintwork, in regards to the s line bumper i dont think il be getting one as iv actually picked up a full genuine bodykit off ebay so side skirts, front and rear diffusers are yet to be added.

Ha ha the carbon wrap, i got a bit carried away with but it helped to hide any scuffs and scratches on the piano black

The headlights are pretty rare, i just wanted to do something different as opposed to just upgrading them to xenons so i went for these aftermarket projectors, i also wanted to prove that you can actually fit hid lights with the right kit and not worry about the wiper motor

I agree, the chrome bits under the hood do look out of place so will be changing them to black shortly

I'll have some updated pics up soon. Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Zaf,
    Whats the light output like on those projectors? Clean cutoff?

Enthusiast

Status
    Grille & headlights make the front look cheap and tacky.
    The rest of the mods are great!
    crunchie likes this.
    VCDS USER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12