abs fault - 00283

spudboy6

Reaction score
Hi guys first post here so go easy on me , my first Audi A3 2.0l fsi 2003,

i replaced the outter cv joint on the car about 3 months ago and the new joint failed snapped in half ! So got another joint on warranty and fitted all up ,

now have an abs light on so I put vag com on it and came back with 00283 malfunction ,

so I'm going to remove the sensor and see if its guy any crap on it , then going to fit a new sensor but I'm worried that its not the sensor , from what I've read the pick up is actually inside the wheel bearing , possible that when the joint snapped it may have damaged the bearing on the way out ?

If anyone has any advice I would be more than grateful

thanks guys

Hi guys first post here so go easy on me , my first Audi A3 2.0l fsi 2003,

i replaced the outter cv joint on the car about 3 months ago and the new joint failed snapped in half ! So got another joint on warranty and fitted all up ,

now have an abs light on so I put vag com on it and came back with 00283 malfunction ,

so I'm going to remove the sensor and see if its guy any crap on it , then going to fit a new sensor but I'm worried that its not the sensor , from what I've read the pick up is actually inside the wheel bearing , possible that when the joint snapped it may have damaged the bearing on the way out ?

If anyone has any advice I would be more than grateful

thanks guys

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure one of the guys will give you advice on your issue. Where are you located? Any pics of the car? Enjoy the forum.:) x

Thanks :) just going to sort my profile out , from henley on Thames , Oxfordshire ,

thanks again for the welcome :)